Yeah! UH! Woo! Oh! Ah! Ooh!

Batman

What is your favorite exlamation (something like Yeah! Uh! Oh! Wow!" or something like that) in a song?

My faves are Hey Jude's "YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

Cat Scratch Fever's "HI!"

I Beilieve in a thing called love's "UH!" and "GUITAR!"

In Tom Petty's 'Learning To Fly' on the second(or third time) right before the bridge he does this 'Ohhh'(you know, the one he does on tons of his work) thing that fits in perfectly with the song, really boosts the emotions.

Also in R.E.M.'s 'Man on the Moon' the interjections of 'Yeah yeah yeah' after verse lines. They were interestingly enough a product of a 'bet' of sorts between Kurt Cobain and Michael Stipe on who could fit more 'yeahs' into a song, while Stipe won with Man on the Moon, he conceded that Cobain had a more natural way of inserting them.

The "oh"s sung just before the title in "I Saw Her Standing There" by the Beatles (Love the 'na's and various other exclamations heard throughtout "Hey Jude" (coda) too!)

The extended "YEAH!!!!!" on the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again".

The "OH, OH, OH, OH"s before the chorus on "Sweet Child O' Mine"

And lots more I can't think of right now.

(Also, though not really an exclamation, but I love the "mmm"s at the end of "Yesterday")

I love whatever Ozzy says at the open of "Crazy Train." SNL did a great skit where a couple was having a romantic dinner, when the waiter asks them if they'd like some music. They break into "Crazy Train" and hijinks ensue.

SNL is great. They lost all their good people though.

Yeah, the "All Aboard, Ha ha ha ha ha" is one of my favorites, I can't believe I forgot it!

I like on "D'yer Mak'er" the "Oh oh oow oooooh" before the 'you don't have to go' and also on Welcome to the Jungle the "take me to your nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu kneeeeees kneeeeeeees" and on the Door's "Touch Me" I like the "Come on come on come on come on"

Layne Staley was the master at the 'Suck it' Yeah, you know what I mean?

He just had that really sneery, 'you got touch this' way of screaming out 'yeah' that just makes your spine seize up.

A perfect example is in AiC's masterpiece 'Rooster' how it starts out kind of soft, and then right before it goes into complete heavy mode "YEAH, YOU KNOW HE AIN'T GONNA DIE, NO, NO, NO, YEAH! HE AIN'T GONNA DIE!!"

excellent! :coolio:

Since I look like the boys from ZZ Top, I've perfected the

" A-Haw Haw Haw Haw" from the song La Grange.

They got it from a John Lee Hooker tune

called Boom Boom off this album

e22379msg7m.jpg

(released 1962)

____

When I was just a little boy

A-standin' to my Daddy's knee ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival

Pink Floyd

Speak to me-

I've been mad for f-ing years, absolutely years, been

over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the

most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even

if you're not mad..." Aaaaahhhh, Aaaaaahhhhh -(sound of foot steps) .... Ease into Breathe -

Best opening to any album, anywhere, EVER!!

The in between things with Van Halen's Hot For Teacher.

"I Don't Feel Turdy." "Class Dismissed!" "I brought my pensil, give me something to write on!"

And on that one pink floyd song 'The Lunatic is On The Grass', I like after they say "The Lunatic is in my head" and then you hear laughter

• 1 month later...