Fantasy Festival

Farin

Just like the Fantasy Sports leagues - only with music

The aim - to assemble the ultimate, imaginary festival line-up and gain as many points as possible through your acts' popularity in the real world (calculated by activity online).

You can create custom leagues, invite your friends and battle it out for festival supremacy.

Fantasy Festival

NOTE: you need a last.fm account for playing, joining and playing is free of course

Once you started your festival, you can add "Songfacts" as a league.

EDIT: You can definitely still join until the 18th of November, probably even after that, but then other players will have a head start.

comments, questions, etc - post them all here :)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My festival is all solo, I plan to have it in the north of England somewhere where it's suitably grey and depressing and people can sullenly stare at their feet and brave electrocution and all that. I'm planning stalls and such so I can turn even MORE of a profit, as if the festival wasn't a WIN enough.

well, I expected you'd put it in the US, really (since all others so far are in GB, I'd have called yours 'foreign' too) ;)

okay... last.fm

there are two parts to the site:

the radio stations, and the keeping of statistics (via scrobbling)

to scrobble simply means to submit the data of what you're currently listening to (track and artist, and album optionally)

everything you scrobble will get added to your library, this will tell you on the one hand what your favourite artists, tracks, etc were in the last 6 months, eg

but more importantly, you can listen to everything in your library as a radio station and to recommendations based on what's in there and what isn't yet

you can scrobble not only from the last.fm radio, but also from anything you listen to on your own PC, you need the software for that (btw, I prefer that program even to listen to the radios instead of the web-player)

you can take a look at my profile for an example... feel free to browse through the library, tags, etc :)

Edited by Guest

Also, does the personal radio just play tracks from my iTunes library, or does it add recommended tracks?

on second thought... the "Neighbourhood" radio plays stuff from people who have a similar taste of music that you do - so in fact that could be something like "your stuff + stuff you don't know yet but could like" :)