The Songfactors' Choice Top Albums of the Decade: The '00's

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE Top Albums of the Decade: The '00's :)

*ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO PARTICIPATE * Please join us, and share your knowledge and your love of the thing that keeps SONGFACTS the community we all know and love. MUSIC ! The basic guidelines are simple....

* The Songfactors' Music of Choice is decided by your nominations and votes. For each edition we'll ask that you nominate 1 OR 2 selections that meet the guidelines for that edition.

* With each nomination, we ask that you give us a review, a few thoughts or just a description of how your selection makes you feel. No one is being graded on their writing here. What we want is for you to share your knowledge and feelings about the music you love.

* Each edition will about 3 weeks. At the end of that time, we'll ask you to vote. You know how that works! These lists will number 5, so we'll ask that you compile your list of 5 choices for the final Songfactor's Music of Choice. We will tally them, just like The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten, 1 through 5. At the close of voting, we will have our Songfactors' Music of Choice.

* Be as creative with this as you'd like. We want to encourage an exchange of thoughts, so this will be a place to learn about and enjoy the nominations, as well as the final choices. The guidelines will change with each edition.

..... Welcome To .....

THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE Top Albums of the Decade: The '00's

** Obviously, with this coming December 31st, 2009, the '00's are over. The end of the first decade of the New Millenium, as we were all calling it back in 2000. Let's make this edition a good one, the results will most surely be going up on the main page, and it is kind of a big deal, don't you think? I need help with this title though, I'm not quite sure the decade is called the '00's. The 2,000's? The Aughts? The Naughts? Let me know what you think. Meanwhile ....

GIVE US YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea - PJ Harvey (2000). Here'e a taste.

Innocence And Despair - The Langley School Music Project (2001)

Quick review.

Innocence & Despair is simply astounding. The music, recorded on two tracks under the supervision of an unknowingly whacked-out visionary music teacher named Hans Fenger, features a group of sixty elementary school students singing the popular pop music tunes of the day, with minimal musical back-up of drums, a cymbal, xylophones, and one-string bass, all played by the students, and guitar and piano played by Fenger. At times the songs, which range from the work of Brian Wilson, to Paul McCartney, to the Eagles, to Fleetwood Mac, surpass the original recordings, either making the songs virtually explode with youthful energy (case in point: the raucous cover of the Bay City Rollers’ ‘Saturday Night’) or overflow with naïve melancholy (case in point: the jaw-dropping version of the Eagles’ overwrought ballad ‘Desperado’, sung solo by a little girl). If that weren’t enough, the, er, ‘musicianship’ by the kids is something to behold. Drummers are overeager and can’t hold the tempo properly, cymbal crashes come in half a beat too late, and the xylophone fills sound primitive. Yet it all comes together in the end, and something that sounded extremely strange in the beginning winds up leaving you incredibly moved at the end.

Basement Galaxy

Good Vibrations

Space Oddity

folder6od.jpg

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not ~ Arctic Monkeys (2006)

1. "The View from the Afternoon"

2. "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor"

3. "Fake Tales of San Francisco"

4. "Dancing Shoes"

5. "You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights but You Were Staring Straight at Me"

6. "Still Take You Home"

7. "Riot Van"

8. "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured"

9. "Mardy Bum"

10. "Perhaps Vampires Is a Bit Strong But..."

11. "When the Sun Goes Down"

12. "From the Ritz to the Rubble"

13. "A Certain Romance"

maybe this is THE British Rock album of the last decade

...and it also showed that you could get famous with the help of the internet, without a label behind you