2010 in music

Levis

EELS are set to release a new album entitled TOMORROW MORNING August 24, 2010 and embark on a world tour August 3. EELS leader Mark Oliver Everett, aka E calls the 14 track album the final installment of a trilogy that began with HOMBRE LOBO and END TIMES. See all the EELS 2010 tour dates on the official tour dates page and stay tuned to EELStheband.com for more new album info, ticket links and more tour dates news.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush has announced the upcoming release of their eagerly anticipated new single. "Caravan" — which will be featured on the legendary band's forthcoming album, "Clockwork Angels" — will be available at all DSPs on June 1 and serviced to radio simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...

Former Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant recently announced the release date for his new album. Taking its name from a blues band that Plant was in before his Dancing Days with Zeppelin, the album is titled Band Of Joy and will be released internationally on September 13.

The European release date for Iron Maiden's much-anticipated new studio album, "The Final Frontier", is now confirmed for Monday, August 16. The CD features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band has made special arrangements for one new album track, "El Dorado", to be made available worldwide as a Free digital download MP3 with immediate effect via www.ironmaiden.com.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, this is my band //orangenoise, we're from Pakistan...

These videos are from a gig which we played for the Fete De La Musique here in Karachi, Pakistan. Check em out and leave a comment! The first two songs are originals...

On the Run

A Night at Burns Road

Careful With That Axe, Eugene (Pink Floyd)

great songs, thanks for sharing :)

I didn't leave a comment on the third one, because I'm no big Pink Floyd fan or expert, but I'm looking forward for opinions either here or there :shades: :D

(PS the last.fm and facebook links on the last two vids aren't working )

EELS are set to release a new album entitled TOMORROW MORNING August 24, 2010 and embark on a world tour August 3. EELS leader Mark Oliver Everett, aka E calls the 14 track album the final installment of a trilogy that began with HOMBRE LOBO and END TIMES. See all the EELS 2010 tour dates on the official tour dates page and stay tuned to EELStheband.com for more new album info, ticket links and more tour dates news.

Spectacular Girl, song premiere.

Mine:

1. Romance Is Boring - Los Campesinos!

2. Treats - Sleigh Bells

3. The Courage of Others - Midlake

4. Beat The Devil's Tattoo - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

5. Heaven Is Whenever - The Hold Steady

Honestly, this year hasn't been that great imo. However, as the only one on your list that I've heard is Forgiveness Rock Record, I suppose I have some digging to do.

I think I posted a Delorean song on the first page of this thread, that one is definitely worth checking out. Flying Lotus I would also highly reccomend. It's an experimental hip hop/electronic album with the spirit (although not always the sound) of the more avant-garde leaning jazz of the 70s. You couldn't really call it "free jazz" or something, but it was definitely influenced by the likes of Sun Ra. Good stuff! And Crystal Castles is halloween on record.

Good call on the Sleigh Bells album, one of the loudest albums I've heard in a long time.

I think this has been a pretty awesome year so far. Aside from the ones I mentioned, I've also really enjoyed the albums from Guilty Simpson, Apples in Stereo, Fang Island, Gorillaz, Jay Electronica, Mux Mool, and Surfer Blood. I still have a lot to check out too.

A few albums have been released this year that I've really, really liked:

Head First - Goldfrapp

Aphrodite - Kylie Minogue

Bionic - Christina Aguilera

That ends my foray into pop music, which I don't listen to a lot of. Here's the rest:

Soldier of Love - Sade

Valleys of Neptune - Jimi Hendrix

Volume Two - She & Him

Emotion and Commmotion - Jeff Beck

My unranked top whatever are: Soundpool (Mirrors in Your Eyes), Butterfly Explosion (Lost Trails), Serena Maneesh (Abyss in B Minor), Ariel Pink (Before Today), Highspire (Aquatic), Wild Nothing (Gemini) anddddddd... possibly Autolux and most likely Tears Run Rings. Tame Impala were good too.