2010 in music

Levis

Twenty-ten in music. What's due to be released this year? What are we looking forward to?

I am super, uber excited about the Butterfly Explosion releasing their DEBUT this year. They are yet to disappoint me based on what I've heard. Autolux have an album due early in 2010 as well and I cannot imagine it outdoing Future Perfect but I hope it does. That's all I know for now...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New albums by (if on schedule): Vampire Weekend, Ok Go, Eels, Spoon, Los Campesinos!, Hot Chip, Eminem, Common, John Mellencamp, MGMT, Panic at the Disco, Barenaked Ladies, Dr. Dre, Dropkick Murphys, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kings of Leon, Motorhead, My Chemical Romance, No Doubt, The Offspring, Patrick Wolf, Portishead, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rogue Wave, Rush, She Wants Revenge, The Shins, Stone Temple Pilots, The Strokes, Testament, U2, Weird Al.

Of those already mentioned I'm especially looking forward to Gorillaz, Eels, MGMT, Portishead, Radiohead and RHCP.

Also, new Elbow, LP5 from Massive Attack (unless they push back the release date, again), Astro Coast - Surfer Blood (debut) and if not by the end of this year hopefully in the next for the Wrens follow-up to The Meadowlands.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dead Weather’s debut Horehound isn’t even a year old, but they’re already plotting their next album. Earlier this week, the band told Rolling Stone they will hit the studio soon to work on their follow-up LP, which could be finished by the time they embark on their Australian tour in March.

• 3 weeks later...

Sleigh Bells is coming out with an album, which should be awesome. They have a few terrific songs, but they were recorded in really poor quality, and they will be re-recording them in a studio. Here's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-zU9e89c6g

Awesome song but it sounds like it was recorded on a cell phone. The best way I can describe their genre would be "bubblegum thrash."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...