The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #192

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #192 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going waaaaaaaay back for my choices because I think this era is sorely under-represented.

That's Life - Frank Sinatra (1966)

Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me - Rosemary Clooney (1954) {YouTube link}

I'd love to see both songs make the Top 10, only because nothing like them is ever nominated. It's almost like that era of music is completely ignored.

Possum Kingdom ~ Toadies (1995) youtube and mp3

Make up your mind

Decide to walk with me

Around the lake tonight

Around the lake tonight

By my side

By my side

aww, a nice love song, he asks her for a date at the Possum Kingdom lake (in Texas) :content:

:crazy: :D

Ballad of the Soldier's Wife ~ PJ Harvey (1997) youtube

you can find the song on grooveshark as well, I'm just unable to give a direct link to that... if anyone could help me out it'd be appreciated :)

since The Doors performed quite well in the recent Ultimate TT round, I thought it might not be the worst idea to nominate another one of Kurt Weill's masterpieces

... some version of Mack the Knife made it already too, right?

For no particular reason, my nominations this week are both examples of the kind of jolly stuff I was grooving to in 1982, on those occasions when I forgot there was a war on, took off my serious political punk-rock hat, and cut loose a bit.

"Stretch" - Maximum Joy (1981) One of the damned-funkiest choons ever; a must-listen-to for those attracted by the notion of Chic-style disco-funk married to to a post-punk B52s-ish sense of anarchic fun. (And featuring one of the best shrieks ever committed to vinyl)

"Welcome To The Monkey House" - Animal Magnet (1981) Just an irrestistibly exuberant tune.

Chair-Dancers Union, at the ready!

sometimes it seems songs have a better chance when it's not me who's nominating them... hopefully this will be the case here as well :D :thumbsup:

It should do OK, assuming it gets high marks from at least the three of us who are already declared fans? Beyond that, hopefully it'll pick up a bit of appreciation elsewhere, and "Bingo!": a decent 21st Century rock song in the Top Ten for a change.