Songfactor's Top 10 Musicals / Music movies

MindCrime

In this Top 10 special, we will be doing a non-music theme.

We ask you to nominate two Musicals or music related movies that you feel feature quality songs that you know by heart and love to sing along to or even just movies with quality audio that relates to the sequences and cinematography. (Band movies count for this category too)

The same regular rules that go with the top 10s applies here. First week is for nominations, then the regular top 10 (up to 12) voting will go on for another week or until everybody has their votes in.

Please let us have your nominations now

:popcorn: :headphones:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say oui, but I don't maka da rules.

I am nominating now and forever more ~

A Hard Day's Night

A Hard Days Night was the Beatles' first foray into film, meant to highlight the four lads as just having a romp at being the most popular human beings on the planet. With teeth firmly planted in cheeks, The Beatles set about performing on a television show, with Paul's *very clean * keen mixer of a grandfather in tow.

*The very clean runner stems from the fact that the actor playing Paul's grandfather starred in "Steptoe and Son," a show about a father and son rag and bone team, which was later salvaged as "Sanford and Son" in the U. S.

A Hard Days Night

I Should Have Known Better

Singin' in the Rain

Singin' in the Rain goes back to the golden age of film, detailing both the transition from Vaudeville to film, and from silent film to talking pictures. Matinée idol Don Lockwood meets chorus girl Kathy Seldon and falls instantly in love. He tracks her down and Kathy becomes the singing voice for Don's shrill screen partner Lina. Singin' in the Rain is both a sly commentary on the star maker machinery of Hollywood, and a love letter to making movies.

Singin' in the Rain

Good Morning

First one: The Last Waltz (1978)

Martin Scorsese's documentary of the Band's 1976 farewell performance featuring an all-star lineup of guest performers including Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Muddy Waters, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Emmylou Harris, the Staple Singers etc. The concert is intercut with Scorsese's interviews with the members of the band. An excellent tribute to a great era in American/Canadian music.

First one: The Last Waltz (1978)

Martin Scorsese's documentary of the Band's 1976 farewell performance featuring an all-star lineup of guest performers including Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Muddy Waters, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Emmylou Harris, the Staple Singers etc. The concert is intercut with Scorsese's interviews with the members of the band. An excellent tribute to a great era in American/Canadian music.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :guitar: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: