God is not the Creator, Bible wrongly translated, claims academic

Farin

Even if it were to all be in a figurative sense, it'd be pretty hard to accept the idea of sacrificing a loved one for the sake of having to prove myself to God. And this isn't something that's just expressed in The Old Testament. If you read "The Book Of Matthew," you'll also note a similar message whereby Jesus stated that he "did not come to bring peace, but a sword" and that he too looks for obedience and devotion, lest you'd seek to be cast away from God's grace for loving family more than Christ Jesus.

The message I got from xtian mythology was that of blind, unquestioning obedience to God and Jesus in spite of one's own nature... and that we have no choice/say/free will in the matter.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're much better read than I am, BA. There's not many Bible passages that I could quote, and I'm not familiar with the one that you have. I would like to see it in it's full text before commenting. Also I don't know what xtian mythology is.

I do know there's many beautiful passages too in the Gospels, however.

And I believe in a loving, rather than a vengeful God. :)

Yeah but I don't see atheists bashing Zoroastrianism. (Or the Flying Spaghetti Monster - for shame, atheists)

Why would atheists stick the boot in on the Flying Spaghetti Monster: created as a satirical device, by atheists and/or scientific rationalists, to pour scorn on the concepts of Creationism / intelligent design?

The whole point of Pastafarianism, surely, is that the evidence for the Flying Spaghetti Monster's existence is as firmly-based (or as spurious) as that for the god of Creationism, therefore it should have equal legitimacy to be taught in schools as part of the core curriculum.

"Touched by His Noodly Appendage"