Late 80's Early 90's Song - Any Clues

Armadeus

There is this song that I have heard only a few times. The female soloist sounded like Christine McVie; meaning it's style of song and tempo was fleetwood macky. I don't think this song went anywhere on the charts (top 25). She has a lower voice it was a ballad. I do know that I remembered the letter of her first name; R. I sure hope you can help me out!!!!!

I'm leaving the name alone and going on the sound. Could it possibly have been Christine McVie herself? She sang lead vocals on Save Me from their Behind the Mask album(1990). The song didn't chart but it did get some radio play, and it's definately Fleetwood Macky. ;)

I also think that possibly Annie Lennox/Eurythmics fits the same type sound.

Armadeus,

Are you certain of the time period?

Roberta Flack had some major and minor hits but they were in the 70's decade and early 80's and one more in the early 90's.

The song "If Ever I See You Again" was a minor hit from the 1978 movie.

It only reached #24 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart but it also reached #1 on the U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.

That's the only 'R' person I can think of right now.

Laurie,

Good call on Rita.

She's another artist who had most of her big and minor hits in the late 70's and early 80's but it may be a song that was released later in her career.

Amadeus said it was a minor hit so it may be a song by one of these artists that didn't get much airplay at all.

I can't think of many female artists with a first name that starts with a letter R in any decade, let alone the late 80's/early 90's.

Here's another cover by Rita that I like.

It's the song "I Don't Want To Talk About It".

It did much better for Rod Stewart on the charts when he covered it but I like Rita's voice on this one.

"I Don't Want To Talk About It" - Rita Coolidge

No. I have been racking my brain trying to think of a tempo even!!!! I thought maybe robin beck. It is not. I checked all the line ups Lilth Fair has had to no avail b/c LF was not a fair back in the late, late, 80's or early early nineties! But that is her genre. Veronica? Ronni? I keep going back to the letter R because my name begins with an R - I figured that that would be the easiest way to remember her!!! Duh! I certainly appreciate you time with helping me, though. I am going to keep racking my brain.

No. That wasn't it. She could have been a back up singer for a big name. She is Caucasian. I am familiar with Natalie M, Tori A, Roberta F, Rita C, Robin B, Roxette, All that have been mentioned - see what I mean??!!?? Darn I wish I would have checked it out right away! I totally appreciate the time each of you take to help me. Believe me b/c to know that basically much of the US is helping me is a relief, ya know? Thanks, again!

Z