Your favorite Beatle

Batman

I voted for George. It's difficult now, because of the passing of time and because of the passing away of John and George but when they were an active 4-piece, I always loved George's stuff and always thought he was under-rated as a musician and composer. I love them all, of course.

Incidentally, Stuart wasn't kicked out of the band. He decided to stay in Germany with his girlfriend.

I voted for Paul. (So cool and cute! :shades:)

And he was (is) such an amazing songwriter and musician; the heart of the Beatles in my opinion.

They were all wonderful and John is a close runner-up but Paul would have to be my favorite.

Also George Martin, producer and the true '5th' Beatle, would be one of my top favorites.

I went with John 'cuz he wrote my favorite Beatle's tunes, and had my favorite post-Beatles catalog (who can top Imagine?)

I mean John had stuff like 'Strawberry Fields' 'I Am The Walrus' 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' and so on and so on.

and then post-Beatles was brilliant

'Love'(probably the most simple and beautiful songs of all time)

'Imagine'(duh)

'Working Class Hero'(love it!)

'Cold Turkey'

'Watching The Wheels'

John kicked some major tail. ::

John was class, but Annabelle's right, Paul is so cute!, but yeah I think John was the better writer :bow:

Paul, CUTE??? What, even now???

As regards being the "better writer", Paul is/was always technically a better writer than John, but John's stuff was generally more "groundbreaking"/more "edgy" [Tomorrow Never Knows, Strawberry Fields, Walrus, Revolution No. 9...etc...etc...etc...]

However, in drumming up support for Paul, Beatle fans should remember that, without him, there probably wouldn't have been any Beatles albums after Sgt. Pepper. [i know, I voted for George!]

I voted John because I prefer his voice and he is a GREAT songwriter. George Martin is not the fifth beatle...Pete Best was with them when they got their first record deal...he played all the early stuff. That Stu guy also provided a bass and bassist for the band until Paul got one.

I voted John because I prefer his voice and he is a GREAT songwriter. George Martin is not the fifth beatle...Pete Best was with them when they got their first record deal...he played all the early stuff. That Stu guy also provided a bass and bassist for the band until Paul got one.

The thing about Stuart was that he COULDN'T play bass. Realising his own shortcomings (and being in love with a German girl called Astrid) was why he didn't pursue a career in music and stayed in Germany when The Beatles returned to Liverpool.

Pete Best was not on any commercially available Beatles' records during the group's lifetime after they got their record deal. The inclusion of "Love Me Do" (with Best on drums) on the Anthology 1 album shows his timing to be abyssmal and others were vindicated in getting rid of him in favour of the one and only "Billy Shears".

George Martin contributed loads to The Beatles' overall sound - as musician as well as producer - and, if any one person deserves the title of "the 5th Beatle", it is he.

Yeah, but in a way with Pete Best or Stu there would not the Beatles as we know (and love) them.

Anyway I was referring to them when and after they recorded their debut album.

George Martin was such a big part of the band as Martin pointed out that I label him the '5th Beatle' (in the band of John, Paul, George (H.) and Ringo)

Without a Pete Best, or Stu, there would be no Beatles.

On the basis that Lennon, McCartney and Harrison were already the nucleus of the group that became The Beatles (and they were already writing songs together) before Stuart's and Pete's temporary membership, I would say this comment is a load of jibberish. Or maybe it was intended as a "joke"[?] ::