Phil Collins Gives Up Drumsticks

Brad_M

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like that's gonna make him forgive your debt. :jester:

Paul and Linda were probably the best Beatles couple. At least, the one that had the least problems. Although I always have liked Cynthia, I've always felt bad for her. And I've always like Patti Boyd, but there was the whole Eric Clapton and Mick Jagger obsessing over her thing. At least good music came out of it.

SongFacts says this about the song, "When I'm 64":

McCartney wrote and sang the lead vocals on this song which asks if a woman will still be with him when he got older, when he was 64 years old.

On May 17, 2006, Paul and his then wife, Heather Mills, separated, finalizing the divorce in 2008.

McCartney turned 64 on June 18, 2006, so the answer to his musical question with regards to Mills, would be no.

:guitar: :laughing:

I hear ya, MC, but most of us have been here long enough to know that we all go off topic sooner or later to have a little fun along with the serious.

It makes for a good laugh to brighten the day while we get our dose of music knowledge.

Although we do have the Fun & Games thread, it's hard to resist poking fun when the opportunity presents itself in another area.

It's fun, doncha think?

Kinda like reading the comics while you eat your bowl of breakfast cereal in the morning.

Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!

As far as the slander goes, what's the use of only making positive comments about an artist?

If you don't like an artist for any reason, you should feel free and comfortable stating your reasons for dislike, as should someone else for stating their reasons for liking.

After all, it is a message board for 2-way discussion.

Rock on. :rock: