Hall Of Fame

RockyRaccoon

Weird Al, Jethro Tull, and Alice Cooper totally don’t deserve it. Gimmicks are no substitute for talent.

The rest deserve a nomination in varying degrees. The Smiths and Tom Waits are hands down the most deserving,

The same could be said about KISS, but Tom Waits is also partially gimmicky, so that argument is not entirely correct.

The same could be said about KISS, but Tom Waits is also partially gimmicky, so that argument is not entirely correct.

That's so stupid. So because a band has a gimmick, they're automatically talentless? I don't really know much by Jethro Tull, but Weird Al is a lyrical genius, and Alice Cooper has tons of good music.

That's so stupid. So because a band has a gimmick, they're automatically talentless? I don't really know much by Jethro Tull, but Weird Al is a lyrical genius, and Alice Cooper has tons of good music.

I'm surprised you don't know much about Jethro Tull. To me they are simply the most musically talented rock band of all time. I just don't think any other band in history could have produced anything like the albums Aqualung or Thick As A Brick, or performed these albums live as well as Tull did.

Obviously the guy who made the comment about gimmicks knows f-all about the artists he is dissing. I don't think of any of those three as being gimmicky (okay, maybe Weird Al to some extent), they are so much more than that. Seriously, what is Jethro Tull's gimmick? Being much more creative in every way than almost every band in existence? Amazing live performances? :P

I keep on forgetting that The Moody Blues and Deep Purple haven't made it yet - they are long overdue.

Edited by Guest

I personally find it ridiculous that Rush and The Moody Blues are not in the Hall of Fame. I agree with everyone on that top ten list except the Beastie Boys. I just don't think they're that talented.

Not to mention that Chicago and Cheap Trick are not on the list. They need to be in the Hall of Fame.