Songfactor's Top 10 Movies {HORROR / THRILLER}

MindCrime

Wait Until Dark - Directed by Terrence Young, starring Audrey Hepburn & Alan Arkin (1967)

^^ I don't expect any votes for this one, but it deserves a mention.

I will almost definitely vote for it. Fantastic movie, and it's scary because HOLY CRAP SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO KILL AUDREY HEPBURN! And of course, the last shock is one of the first and best "is he dead?" scares that would later become such a huge cliche in the slasher genre. Not that this is a slasher film, not even close.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will almost definitely vote for it. Fantastic movie, and it's scary because HOLY CRAP SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO KILL AUDREY HEPBURN! And of course, the last shock is one of the first and best "is he dead?" scares that would later become such a huge cliche in the slasher genre. Not that this is a slasher film, not even close.

+1

That is a great scary movie because the script, characterizations and mood draw the viewer into the story, much like Play Misty For Me. It seems these days story gives way to gory, in the horror genre.

Bride Of Frankenstein (first time I saw this, it scared me, warmed my heart, then scared me again!)

The Fly (latest incarnation with Jeff Goldblum. Great scene when Geena Davis dreams she gives birth to .... ?)

[bigger] Black Sunday[/bigger]

BlackSunday.jpg

Link

Story behind this:

My Biological unit, not the guy I claim as my father/ daddyguyIadored, aka Jim :D took us to see this movie.

I wasn't even in school yet and it horrified me for many, many years. Gave me nightmares forever. A few years back I saw it on one of the cable channels and got the guts to watch it. I had to laugh. It was so benign and bored me to death.

+1

That is a great scary movie because the script, characterizations and mood draw the viewer into the story, much like Play Misty For Me. It seems these days story gives way to gory, in the horror genre.

Bride Of Frankenstein (first time I saw this, it scared me, warmed my heart, then scared me again!)

The Fly (latest incarnation with Jeff Goldblum. Great scene when Geena Davis dreams she gives birth to .... ?)

:bow: I agree with you both. A scary story is much more my cup of tea than any blood and gore imagary. And Steel, both of your noms were on my list of possible picks.

How ready is everyone for voting?

I still need a replacement from Joe, if he wants to...

I was thinking of nominating IT, but I think Mr. King has enough book-based films on here. I agree with Shannon about Texas Chainsaw Massacre being a good one that got overlooked.