Bad Movies

Batman

Hooray for negativity and criticism!

Post your least favorite movies, and why you don't like them.

I liked Scary movie 3, haven't seen 1, but I HATED 2! It was so stupid! Just an hour of sex jokes, and unfunny ones at that. I was walking out of Napoleon Dynamite, and I heard this third grader type kid saying "That was good, but Scary Movie 2 was 100x funnier! Like, remember with the parrot, and he's swearing?" I think the only reason some people liked it is because they are young and like to impress their other 3rd grade friends by saying they saw it.

Or maybe they really do think its funny! I don't think it was though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I forget

Waterworld!!!!

:doh:

What an awful movie.

Also I saw 'The Princess Diaries 2' on Thursday(for the last time, I'm not gay, I'll do anything if there are girls involved, which was the case of this trip to the cinema)

what an awful movie, I was just waiting for it to be over, but on the flip side I spent the whole time thinking of funny reactions to the movie that I could yell out to my friends as we left the theater.

My two personal faves

"Wow, you know what would have been more fun?

Seeing how many razor blades I can swallow at once"

and the best(and further proof that I'm going to hell)

"Elton John sucks less a** than that movie did" ::

I wanna see it!

No, no you don't.

It's a truly awful movie, and I even enjoyed 'The Princess Diaries 2' more than that horrible pretentious piece of crap.

It is not well written

It is not well directed

It is not well done

It is not scary

It is not suspensful

It does not hold your attention

The acting is actually pretty good, considering the awful material they were given.

Do not see 'The Village'

it is a waste of money.

In the theater the first time I saw it, me and my friend made parts interesting

at one point it was just pure crappy dialogue(and I like smart intelligent dialogue, but not pointless snobby pretentious 'symbolic' crap that shamalamadingdong was trying to pull off the whole time) so we went

"AND ALL OF A SUDDEN A MONSTER POPS OUT BETWEEN 'EM AND BITES THEIR HEADS OFF!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

About half the theater(this was opening night, before everyone realized it sucked, second time I went to it(under protest) we were the only ones there)

Applauded our addition to the movie, and said something like "Yeah, this movie does suck"

The other half was like

"Good for nothing kids blah blah blah blah blah if I had half a mind I'd get a manager blah blah blah blah blah"

Don't see it, for the love of God, don't see it.

Signs is a psychological masterpiece compared to 'The Village'(that's right, the movie where the aliens could jump over freakin' buildings but couldn't open a door, is smarter than The Village)

At least Signs had a couple of moments where it delivered what it promised and at least made a good attempt to get you to jump outta your seat.

How should I put this

'The Village' is even worse than 'Unbreakable'(hell, even 'Waterworld' is better than 'The Village')

'The Village' is so bad(I'm not gonna stop trashing this film until every single projector that has had to play that just piece of ____ has an exorcism performed on it)

that it goes beyond the point of being so bad it's funny, it hits that point where you just want to leave the theater, for it holds no point for you to stay there.

I liked Johnny English myself, though. It got funnier as it went on

Are you kidding me?! :: That was the biggest waste of space ever, absoulutly dreadful..

Its number one on my 'worst feck*n films ever' list..

And two friends of mine thought they would be smart and bought me it twice on dvd for Christmas

Well, I happened to find 'Scary Movie 2' hilarious. Of course the first one is best but I certainly wouldn't trash the 2nd.

I also happen to like 'The Core'. I guess it makes a difference when you have the right audio/video equipment (especially dts) and so makes the sound effects more appealing.

I didn't care much for Russell Crowe's "Master and Commander" until I played it with dts (oppose to just 5.1 surround) and it made a BIG difference.

Just in case some might be confused... dts stands for 'Digital Theatre Sound' and your amp and/or player needs that special decoder. The dts is the same as 5.1 stereo surround EXCEPT the sound effects are more prominent, even the subtle effects are brought out. Sometimes it just seems like the dts sounds like 5.1 but with a pre-amp. Confused?? LOL!!

Okay, in one of the scenes where the cannonballs rip through a ship - just using 5.1, you still get the separation and hear the (ball) destroying it's passage on whatever side (left or right). Using dts, the sound is much louder and more of a 'shake/vibration' sound and actually hear the cannonball strike through from one end of the room straight down to wherever your rear speakers are. I couldn't believe the difference that sound made for this film. And for that reason alone is worth the price of admission.

Okay, I'm waaaaaaaaaay off track here... bad movies. hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

St. Elmo's Fire