Bad Movies

Batman

B00006L92F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpgB00009ATIX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Haha. Thing is, I think Solaris was re-made because most US audiences would never be able to sit through the original film's 169 minutes :: The US version is the bare-bones version of the story at a measly 99 minutes, so you don't get the full effect of the story and wouldn't see why this is often compared to 2001: A Space Odyssey. It wouldn't matter, though, if you're not into sloooow-paced, little-action sort of plot-line, the original might be worse than the re-hash. At least Hollywood had enough sensibility to its market by putting George Clooney in the lead.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Because I have two small children, I don't get to view many movies these days. However,the only two movies I've ever walked out on are Woody Allen's Stardust Memories and The Stuntman, starring Peter O'Toole. Both of these movies were unutterably boring and stupid. Other movies which rank right up there with the worst films ever made are:

Glengarry, Glenross - a complete waste of a stellar cast. I'm not a prude, but the language in this film was foul.

The Ladykillers (the Tom Hank's version) - A dreadful remake of the delightful Alec Guiness original. Do yourself a favour and watch Guiness's version.

Man, it's cold here today! -40C with windchill! Brrrr!!!

Stay warm.

*Titanic, I never understood why that stupid movie had any succes :: Leonardo couldn't act if his life was depending on it(I was actually applauding when I saw him sinking in the sea).

*The ultimate movie for blondes: Clueless *shivers* O boy...they have to trow the guy who made it, in jail for lifetime.

*The texas chainsaw masacre: I usually love horror movies (incl. the low budget ones, those are the best!) but maaan that movie sucked (the 2nd version... ya know the one from the 90's) I didn't understand anything about it! Where was the story gone? Who were those psycho's? Who was that guy at the end of the story? ::

*Barb wire: I think I don't need to explain this one...

• 2 weeks later...

"The High Crusade" was an interesting book I read in high school when space travel was still theoretical. I saw the DVD at Tower Records along with a Chinese animated feature, "Mulan." (This predated the Disney version and tells quite a bit more about this "female Warrior.") I bought "The High Crusade," instead and felt as let down as with "Explorers." In short, once the director got somewhere, he didn't know what to do with the project! Instead of a hair-raising battle over the shielded/domed city, the whole thing hit the wall because they couldn't cross a bridge! (Too bad they didn't call it "The Bridge," but then, that last-days-of-World War II story is miles ahead of this Turkey.) I imagine Ed Wood could have done better with this material, not to mention the huge "latex muppet" budget.

Where was I? What was the original tale about? About the time of the Crusades, a local ruler is getting his castle full of troops ready to cross over to France when a space craft lands ouside the castle. The E.T.s are quite unfriendly, using a beam weapon to toast a couple of the foot soldiers. However, this "Field Marshall Montgomery" isn't fazed by this, and neither are his troops; arrows fly, the blaster-wielding E.T. is turned into a pincushion, and the space craft is taken over by these merry men. Seeking a way to transport his troops to France, the Baron/Duke takes up with the sole surviving E.T. to get on with the crusade. The E.T. instead kidnaps the company and sets a course for the home planet. Once there...Oh wait, that would spoil the rest of the story. The tale is told from the viewpoint of the Monk, who taught the captive E.T. Latin, and is the chronicler of this tale. I thought it would make an OK movie or a one hour "Twilight Zone" back then. It could do so still...? :afro:

Then...theres an old old movie called Krull. WORST MOVIE EVER!

You're right except for one thing. They gave us that delicious piece of pastry known as the Kruller. I like dunking one into my coffee.

I hate movies that feature stupid, dumb characters. They're very popular it seems. What drivel! What lack of imagination and creativity. What crap! Fok the Fokkers!

Shawn of the Dead It's Monty Python meets Resident Evil, except one thing. It's neither funny nor scary. The whole plot just goes on & on about this guy & his room mate & then they somehow encounter zombies & the monologue attempts to be funny, but it just isn't there. The last 30 minutes were good though, that's where it finally picks up.