Kiss, Chili Peppers, LL Cool J Nominated for Hall

skybluesky

Kiss, Chili Peppers, LL Cool J nominated for hall

NEW YORK (AP) — Kiss, LL Cool J and the Red Hot Chili Peppers could be among next year's inductees at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

They are part of an eclectic group of 12 acts in contention for the 2010 class. Other first-time nominees include Genesis, Jimmy Cliff,

Some of the names on the ballot have been there before — Donna Summer, Darlene Love, ABBA, the Chantels, and the Stooges.

Only five acts make it in. The 25th annual induction ceremony is slated for March 15 in New York City. The inductees will be announced in December.

Personally I'm pulling for ABBA, The Hollies and Laura Nyro.

Amazing that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are now eligible. I remember when these guys were playing Punk shows wearing socks (just socks). Looking over their career, they have so much longevity and worldwide success that it will be hard to keep them out. And they actually ARE Rock and Roll.

I have a feeling Laura Nyro gets in too, and that's a good thing.

Gram should absolutely be in there (Shannon, I'd forgotten we have GP in common!), but I doubt he'll ever be there. His body of work is too small, and is spread too thin (Byrds, International Submarine Band, Flying Burrito Brothers, and solo). Also I'm not sure about the Byrds thing, MC. He really wasn't considered a member of the band, he was actually just employed by them. Is he actually mentioned as a member with their HoF inclusion? You could be right, I'm just not sure. I certainly believe he needs to be in there. He freaking shaped an entire genre. :P

MC Miss (gotta include the Miss) Connie Francis surely needs to be in there too. :)

The Wiki link provided by Martin does not list GP with the Byrds induction, just as Michael McDonald is not listed with SD. The HOF dates eligibility 25 years post first album release, so maybe its band member policy is to include only members who actually recorded on the first album.

That's just a guess though.