The New Fall Season, 2009

Uncle Joe

The 2 Hour season premier of House did not disappoint. It was better than most theatrical movies.

Early on I wondered, "Hey, is this House 'Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'?" But the story developed nicely. I hope the season goes as well.

Castle was very good also. Nathan Fillion as Castle and Stana Katic as Det. Beckett have a wonderful chemistry reminiscent of past man/woman teams such as seen in The Thin Man (Nick and Nora Charles/Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk), Remington Steele (Pierce Brosnan as Steele and Stephanie Zimbalist as Laura Holt)and the like. If you haven't seen it it's worth a look.

Fringe was one of my favorite shows last season and I hope they can keep up the good story lines. It's tough to do with sci fi/mystery/action but no matter...I love Anna Torv as Agent Olivia Dunham. Excellent cast with Joshua Jackson and John Noble as the father/son team of Peter Bishop and Dr. Walter Bishop.

How about your observations on the season so far?

I don't have alot of time for TV but I watched the House premier yesterday, I was concerned they might jump the shark with this season and it wasn't exactly typical House but I liked it.

I haven't seen anything else yet. I might watch the NCIS premier but I'll probably skip the spin-off.

And I'm also waiting for Lost as well as 24 and the new Doctor Who season though I have doubts about the eleventh doctor.

How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory

Two of my favorite shows. Especially "Big Bang." :grin:

Other than that, "Survivor" was the only one I was salivating about. And it's proving to be a little different this season, with a villain the likes of which have not been experienced on the show yet. It'll be fun to watch him play it out. :beatnik:

How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory premieres were just okay.

Marshall with a whip cannot equal anything but AWESOME. The Ted part was totally lame though. Why is the focus of the show the lamest character? (But Ted is the cutest IMO-NPH is BEYOND classification)

Two of my favorite shows. Especially "Big Bang." :grin:

I am subjected to watching TV online and can't find a place to watch eps of BBT :mad: I am madly in love with Sheldon. He's the closest a person can be to being a fully human Spock :D

Edited by Guest
props to NPH yo

I too loved the season premiere of House. I also have watched the first two episodes of The Good Wife with Julianna Margulies and Chris Noth. It's not brilliant, but it is quite entertaining. I also watched Eastwick which was mildly amusing in a Desperate Housewives kind of way.

I really enjoy Christine Lahti as the new ADA in Law and Order SVU. She is a real b**ch! It should be interesting to watch the conflict between her character and that of Chris Meloni.

I absolutely love the new Law and Order UK. It is fast becoming one of my favourite shows. Bradley Walsh is brilliant as DS Ronnie Brooks. The show is a little more cerebral than its American progenitors.

• 2 months later...

New Scrubs sucks. Bill Lawrence said to treat last season as the end of Scrubs and this as a spin off of sorts (he wanted the name to be different, ABC refused) and that's how I'm going to treat it... by observing last season's very, very good finale as the end and forgetting this crap exists.