Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Jillianne

It was pretty good for a remake. I'm going to assume you have not seen the original. I wasn't sure if I would like the remake because the original was the coolest movie ever. I thought going big budget would kill the "this could really happen" vibe of it. I read/heard that during the shooting of the original, they had no money and shot the whole thing non-stop in the over 100 degree Texas heat. The guy playing Leatherface got so tired and hot and into his character that during a scene where he was cutting the girl's throat, he went a little nutso and actually did cut her a little. Her screaming was real.

Of course all that could be an urban legend, but it makes watching the original a little scarier.

There were also a few 'plot points' that I had trouble with in the remake, like for example, when that one guys hung by the hooks and the chick stabs him to put him out of his misery and let him die faster, she stabs him in the STOMACH!!! were the writers completely unaware that being shot/stabbed in the stomach is probably one of the slowest and most painful ways to die????

"Hold on I'm gonna let you die faster and not as agonizing"

"Okay stab me in the heart........oh God not my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

15 minutes later

"ahljrgr;asfjggarlkjfi;ashis;lihgia;lwrjkhgrla.....dead"

Also the fact that the guy ran full speed and wielded his chainsaw just fine, after he got his arm chopped off!!!!!!

Also as long as he was on the ground and she had that butcher knife in her hand, why didn't she just chop his head off on the spot? You know, to make sure he was dead.

Yeah, Is it based on a true story?

It's partially based on a serial killer named Ed Gein. He was also the basis for Norman Bates from "Psycho" and my #1 favorite, Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs". Check out this link, BUT BE WARNED the details are disgusting.

EDIT

I removed the link because I didn't realize that there was a really graphic picture on that page. If you want to check him out, Google him yourself. I don't want to be responsible for someone having nightmares because of something I posted. Sorry! :o

It's partially based on a serial killer named Ed Gein. He was also the basis for Norman Bates from "Psycho" and my #1 favorite, Buffalo Bill from "Silence of the Lambs". Check out this link, BUT BE WARNED the details are disgusting.

Actually, it is based on a real story. As in there really was a guy with a Chainsaw in Texas that killed those teens goin to the skynyrd concert!

Leatherface was just a real life guy that wanted to be like Ed Gein!!! :stars:

• 1 month later...

i have actually never seen the original, when i heard about it hitting theaters i was really interested in going to see it but i never ended going, when i finally saw it i was at home and was expecting a load of gory details but it didnt have as much i thought. i am a freak though, of course you all probably remember when Leatherface had that other guys' face on (sorry can't remember the name ::) i actually PAUSED it to get a better look! ahhh i know! i am a weirdo, :: , then at the end it had the "real footage" stuff i even paused it when it had Leatherface's face. i sat there my eyes glued to the paused image.

so every now and then i have those mental images since i freakin' paused it to just stare at it. :doh: