Songs with Food Titles that are about something else..

MindCrime

Ever listen to a song about food but think, hey, thats not what they are talking about?

What songs do you know with food titles that are about something completely different?

Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones

Ice Cream Man - Van Halen

Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin

Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Savoy Truffle - Beatles

Ice Cream for Crow - Captain Beefheart

Lollipop - Chordettes

Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet

Apples Peaches Pumpkin Pie - Jay & the Techniques

Peaches - The Presidents of the United States

Peaches - Captain Beefheart

Cheeseburger in Paradise (is actually about cheeseburgers) - Jimmy Buffet

Popsicles and Icicles - The Murmaids

Jambalaya - Hank Williams

Watermelon Crawl - Tracy Byrd

My Boy Lollipop - Millie Small (I'd forgotten what a good song this is. It's considered the first international ska hit. Who'd a thunk it?)

Edited by Guest

Conversely, the song "Purple Love Balloon" by Leeds indie-stalwarts CUD appears, from its title, to be about something else entirely, but is actually a reference to that splendid vegetable (in both taste and appearance), the aubergine. ("egg-plant", as some call it.)

ew aubergines.

ew aubergines.

Aubergines are ace. You, (or whoever cooks for you ;) ) obviously have no idea how to treat'em.

A speciality of mine:

Cut the aubergine (*across its width, not lengthways) into slices, so you end up with about 8 discs; each should be about 1.5 cms thick. Pour some olive oil onto a plate, and turn each aubergine slice in the olive oil, so that both sides get a moistening. Put them under the (pre-heated) grill, turning them over after about 8-10 minutes, by which time, they should be nicely browned. While they are browning under the grill, get out a jar of pesto and a round of soft goat's cheese. Slice the latter into appropriately proportioned discs.

When the second sides of aubergine are also nicely browned under the grill, take them out, spread some pesto onto each disc, then top each with a disc of goat's cheese. Give them another couple of minutes under the grill, until the cheese is melted and slightly toasted. Prep and cooking time 25 minutes, max. Scrumptious.

Mrs Fitter also does something nice with aubergines. (Ooooh, er, missus. Titter ye not.)

Cutting the aubergine lengthways into thin strips, she makes an excellent lasagna, in which the aubergine strips are layered in such a way as to replace some (or all) of where you would normally expect the pasta to be. Not sure of the fine detail: it's her recipe, not mine.

Aubergines are not 'ace' unless you are counting 'ace, 2, 3' and not 'Queen, King, Ace.' I have only ever liked them in the form of a stir fry in HK and in the form of mousaka in Oz. So appalled was I when I found out that this stuff was the evil eggplant I dread that I immediately confessed my sins to my mother who proceeded to LOL at me. You are English so I am a bit wary of what you consider 'ace' (from the Queen, King perspective) in terms of food. From my POV the goat's cheese and pesto are excellent additions to eggplant only because they drown out the taste of the dern thing.

It does have a rather fetching colour scheme, though. I would love my room to have a similar purple/green layout.