The Songfactors' Choice: Best Debut Single

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE: BEST DEBUT SINGLES :)

*ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE * Join us, and share your knowledge and your love of the thing that keeps SONGFACTS the community we all know and love, MUSIC ! The basic guidelines are simple....

* The Songfactors' Music of Choice is decided by your nominations and votes. For each edition we'll ask that you nominate 1 OR 2 selections that meet the guidelines for that edition.

* With each nomination, we ask that you give us a review, a few thoughts or just a description of how your selection makes you feel. No one is being graded on their writing here. What we want is for you to share your knowledge and feelings about the music you love.

* Each edition will run about 3 weeks or so. At the end of that time, we'll ask you to vote, and you know how that works! These lists will number 5, so we'll ask that you compile your list of 5 choices for the final Songfactor's Music of Choice. We will tally them, just like The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten, 1 through 5. At the close of voting, we will have our Songfactors' Music of Choice.

..... So, here we go .....

THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE: Best Debut Singles

**NOTE: The rules for this go round are: No one hit wonders. "Debut single" , meaning the debut single of an artist or group with a body of work, not just one hit song.

GIVE US YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW! :thumbsup:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piano Man - Billy Joel (1973)

Do first singles actually need to be first released or first charted? This single achieved #25 on the Modern Rock chart in 1980, but it was not the first single released (the first two seemed not to reach at least the top 100 on any of the charts listed in Wikipedia). If it doesn't count, I'll find another. The single in question is:

I Will Follow - U2 (1980)

Do first singles actually need to be first released or first charted? This single achieved #25 on the Modern Rock chart in 1980, but it was not the first single released (the first two seemed not to reach at least the top 100 on any of the charts listed in Wikipedia). If it doesn't count, I'll find another. The single in question is:

I Will Follow - U2 (1980)

released, not charted - it's about the first single and not the first hit :)