Study finds men look at women's **** first... her face is last.

Ombre Vivante

Andy tells me of a woman he used to work with who got a boob job - some huge ones - so she could sell more product. Evidently, it worked. He said she'd wear tight low-cut shirts and make sure the (male) person in charge got himself an eyeful, and he'd have no problem ordering stuff.

Intriguingly, she was fairly overweight before the operation, and not terribly attractive, Andy said. Afterward, none of the men ever looked at anything but her boobs anyway, so the rest didn't matter.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have to get by with whatever or what little we have ... :D

Steels 'honesty ' comment is poignant : men look at women in varying degrees as do women at men . Truly , staring at another's anatomy while in a conversation makes that person somewhat suspicious as to what is really on their mind or as to their lack of self-control , but subtle glimpses with the best intentions in mind of listening to the other should not be completely discredited nor scorned . We live in a modern age of poor communication skills , as well as dressing and grooming alluringly ( compared with past generations ) which is highly encouraged - so be interesting and/or dynamic- or the other's mind and eyes may wander ... :D

This is not a flaw in the human species , but a natural outcome of the present state of affairs . It's criticisms begin with flawed and out-dated ( if ever useful ) Puritan values .

I don't care about subtle glimpses. I'll check out a guy's ass when he walks by if I think he's cute, but I won't sit there transfixed on it like it's a TV set. That's what I was more referring to. I was talking about the guys who do nothing but stare a chick's rack all night and don't even attempt to be subtle about it.

I must confess that if a woman is well endowed, my gaze will inevitably drift in that direction at some point. However, when a woman talks to me, I always look at her eyes or mouth. I certainly don't stare at her chest during a conversation.

What really galls me, however, are those well endowed women who wear revealing tops and then complain vociferously when men happen to let their gazes wander to their (the women's) ample bosoms. As long as men are discreet and don't leer, I don't see what the problem is. Frankly, I'd be as flattered as hell if some woman checked out my caboose. That's not likely, however, unless cellulite has made a comeback.

I must confess that if a woman is well endowed, my gaze will inevitably drift in that direction at some point. However, when a woman talks to me, I always look at her eyes or mouth. I certainly don't stare at her chest during a conversation.

What really galls me, however, are those well endowed women who wear revealing tops and then complain vociferously when men happen to let their gazes wander to their (the women's) ample bosoms. As long as men are discreet and don't leer, I don't see what the problem is. Frankly, I'd be as flattered as hell if some woman checked out my caboose. That's not likely, however, unless cellulite has made a comeback.

Well yeah, if I wear a really cute top that shows off a respectable amount of decolletage, a couple subtle glances just makes me feel good about myself and validates that I chose the right outfit before I left the house. I don't have a problem with that.

It's like you said, when the guy just spends the whole time staring at my chest, no matter what I'm wearing or saying.

Well yeah, if I wear a really cute top that shows off a respectable amount of decolletage, a couple subtle glances just makes me feel good about myself and validates that I chose the right outfit before I left the house. I don't have a problem with that.

It's like you said, when the guy just spends the whole time staring at my chest, no matter what I'm wearing or saying.

Y'see, it's this kind of inconsistency that leaves well-meaning guys confused about where they stand and how they should behave.

Discreet glancing = OK, quite flattering, in fact.

Lingering looks = disgraceful.

I've been doing some mental calculations, and by my reckoning, if I steal a furtive glance at my colleague's hooters every half hour for, say, three seconds a time, then in the course of a 9-5 working day (with a glance upon arrival and prior to departure), that's 17 x 3 sec. glances: a total of 51 seconds of eye-boob contact time. How is that more acceptable than a half-minute spent just drinking'em in and getting it over with? :confused:

Y'see, it's this kind of inconsistency that leaves well-meaning guys confused about where they stand and how they should behave.

Discreet glancing = OK, quite flattering, in fact.

Lingering looks = disgraceful.

Who said I was talking about non-date situations? There's no inconsistency there for me. If we're not on a date, and some guy is staring at my chest, that's rude and I will say something. I'm not going to dress like a nun but that doesn't mean I'm dressing like a hooker either.....but if we're in a business setting or you come to my place of employment for whatever reason and choose to make subtle or not-so-subtle glances at my rack, you're a pig. That behavior is not appropriate for the situation.

that's 17 x 3 sec. glances: a total of 51 seconds of eye-boob contact time. How is that more acceptable than a half-minute spent just drinking'em in and getting it over with? :confused:

I think I can help you out here. 17x3sec glances = not substantial enough time for drool to form; 1 51-second glance = time for drool to form and run over. ;)

Ok, I take your point. But even in date-situations, there must come a point when the (initially pleasing) stolen glances at your jumper-puppies might become disconcerting in their increasing frequency, and you would want to rip open your blouse and scream "Have a good look, matey-boy. You've got 20 seconds, before I put'em away again"?

Shawna: I'm confused now. You seem pretty wise; maybe you can help clarify matters.

I can see that it would be inappropriate in a professional context, but drooling on a date; in your opinion, is it really such a bad thing?

I think this thread is offensive to chicks who lack the necessary body fat percentage to be offended by a wayward gaze.

I'm not what you'd call packin' a set but I have always gotten my fair share of wolfish glances.

When I was quite a bit younger I used to want a nice set of hooters but by the time I was in my twenties I was glad I didn't get blessed with that backache.

I have alway been pretty well portioned and they have remained on my chest, not hanging around my belly somewhere :laughing:

And unlike my well endowed counter parts I can go bra-less and not start a riot :D

I'm perfectly happy with my perfect sized breasts not huge but not non-existents either ;)

I don't find the thread insulting at all nor the comments. I do find them male typical tho :laughing:

Actually, I think I look at the face first. A pretty face can make up for a relatively bland body, but a good body rarely if ever makes up for a nasty face (see: Fergie).

At first glance, this looks like it's probably the "right" way for a fella to be thinking. On the other hand, if this were a generally held opinion, that would be depressing news for those women who regard their pleasingly curvaceous form as some compensation for being less-than-blessed in the pretty department. Plus, the human race would likely die out fairly quickly.

We (people) can't all be pretty / handsome, and the pressure to feel so can cause all sorts of insecurities. "Tell me, mummy. Do I look pretty?" Regrettably, many young girls would prioritise their prettiness over intelligence, personality, success, etc. What a FuW we live in.

When you come to think of it; it's bad form to be more attentive to the pretty ones, than to the the ones with "good" bodies. That's sexist, that is. Appreciating face over body at least has the advantage that you're looking in the right direction during conversation. ;)

This study, like the Ladder Theory, only comes a shock to chicks :beatnik:

Actually I think us chicks are the last to be shocked. I think that you boys feel you (the collective you, none of you guys here in particualar) are being discrete or proper many times when you aren't. A lot of us girls have been living/dealing with this since our teens (nothing more disgusting than some geezer staring at a young girl). What I can't figure out is why they needed a study to prove it ... and how much did that study cost them? Wasted money.