Latest Trivial Music News

Viaene

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carly Simon is suing Starbucks, blaming the coffee-shop chain – and occasional record label – for the poor sales of her 2008 album. Plagued by financial troubles, the 64-year-old singer has been forced to cancel her intended retirement.

full article

Some artists really think they can survive all their years on just selling the name. Carly Simon to me is just a 70s name. She should like the majority of sports stars that have seen their prime, move on to other ventures.

She, like others, another notch down the respect pole for trying to make an easy buck with nil on the integrity level. ******* them.

Did Carly Simon use Billy Joel's accountant? She wrote most of her songs, so I would think she'd be living the good life on royalty payments. If she's really strapped, I'm sure Extra! would give her a few bucks to go on and explain who You're So Vain is about.

The other part of this story is the demise of Starbucks' music division. This was supposed to be the next big thing, and they gave up on it quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Mistress Carrie of the Worcester/Boston, Massachusetts radio station WAAF has posted the following message on her official blog:

"Today I got a chance to hear some of the new Slash [Velvet Revolver/ex-Guns N' Roses] album that will be released in March of 2010. We should have the new single (which is going to feature Ozzy [Osbourne] on lead vocals) in January!

Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced their comeback concert.

The US funk rockers went on hiatus in 2008 after 25 years together, but have said that they will play the charity concert MusiCares 2010 on January 29, honouring Neil Young for his services to the musicians' charity.

'Hello, Ohio!' (Psst! Boss, we're in Michigan)

AP, Nov 15, 2009 1:05 am PST

The curse of Friday the 13th struck Bruce Springsteen in a most unusual way: it made the 60-year-old rock legend forget where he was.The Boss bellowed "Hello, Ohio!" to his fans at the Auburn Hills Palace in Michigan.

Springsteen referred to the neighboring state several times in the following 30 minutes until E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered in his ear.

A visibly embarrassed Springsteen grinned and said such a mistake was "every front man's nightmare."

The Detroit Free Press says Springsteen rocked the forgiving audience for nearly three hours Friday night with new and old hits including a complete performance of his album "Born to Run."

___

Information from: Detroit Free Press,

Sounds like a roadie needs to write the name of the city on a piece of tape and stick it on the back of Bruce's guitar: "Hello Springfield!"

At this stage of his career, Bruce is eligible to make a "senior moment" joke when something like this happens, but putting on a great show is probably a better option.

Carey flies in vet for puppy birth

Singer Mariah Carey, who is famous for her diva behaviour, flew her personal vet from Los Angeles to New York to help her dog deliver puppies, but missed the birth herself.

The 40-year-old star jetted her own animal expert to the Big Apple earlier this month to help her beloved terrier give birth, but the pooch went into labour while Carey was in London, Contactmusic reported.

She was in London for a series of promotional events - and learned about the puppy delivery in between TV interviews.

"My puppy just had a puppy. She's the most adorable Jack Russell terrier. We were worried because she was little, so she had to have a C-section and I missed the whole thing!" said Carey.

"I flew this vet, a lovely lady, all the way from LA to NY and back and forth and the dog didn't have the puppies.

I wanted to see the birth so, of course, when we got here (London) she had her babies," she added.

© 2009 The Indian Express Limited.

....uh-huh