Latest Trivial Music News

Viaene

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Arctic Monkeys, who recently released their song "Crying Lightning" as a single, have revealed they were actually struck by lightning this summer.

The band say the incident happened in Germany while they were touring.

"We got struck by lightning near Hanover in the bus, and the bus broke down," Alex Turner told his local paper, south Yorkshire's The Star. "We had a nightmare journey getting out here, but we've forgotten about it now." "

Bee Gees back?

(Wednesday September 09, 2009 12:48 AM)

The surviving members of the Bee Gees are to reunite for live dates, according to reports.

Robin and Barry Gibb have not played together for six years, since the death of band member and brother Maurice.

He passed away in 2003 after intestine operation but the other two say they are now beginning to come to terms with losing their "comrade in arms".

Describing the situation as "a breakwater of emotions", Robin said: "It's an emotional thing when you lose someone that close".

Speaking about their plans for the future, Gibb revealed he and Barry had been making plans in Miami.

"The two of us are getting back together again as we speak", he explained, although concrete plans are yet to be announced.

Grinderman have completed recording their second album, due for release next year, band member Warren Ellis has confirmed.

The multi-instrumentalist told Thequietus.com that the new album from the band, featuring members of Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, was a big departure from their 2007 self-titled debut.

A few days ago I heard on the radio that Cold Chisel were reforming, though no further details were given. I was really surprised and excited, even though for a long time I've had a feeling it would happen eventually. :)

What could be next? A new album? A Perth concert or two?

Nope, at the moment it looks like it's just for a one off performance at the Sydney 500 V8 Supercars event. :doh:

Vera Lynn becomes world's oldest album chart-topper

Press Association, guardian.co.uk, Sunday 13 September 2009

The Forces' Sweetheart today trumped the Fab Four in the battle for the top of the charts, making Dame Vera Lynn the world's oldest living artist to have a number one album. We'll Meet Again - The Very Best of Vera Lynn hit the top spot, meaning the 92-year-old has now usurped Bob Dylan as the oldest artist to top the charts. Her album outsold artists including Arctic Monkeys, Jamie T and The Kings of Leon, and even trumped The Beatles' much-hyped remastered editions. Lynn said: "I am extremely surprised and delighted, and a big 'thank you' to all my fans for putting me there."

Apparently his dear departed mama never taught him the respect that anyone, let alone a young talented girl like Swift deserves.

Unlike Beyonce. Class act that she is, Beyonce made sure that Taylor got her moment. It will never serve recapture the moment she should have had though. West should have been kicked out, and should be banned from future awards shows. He has no respect for anyone.

That was very nice of Beyonce to do that for her...

Then I've read some articles about "what's his name"...and that he apologized...and some people actually making excuses for his actions, like oh well people get caught up in the moment, everyone is all excited, yada yada yada....I say that's a bunch of bull...for someone to do something like that in the first place, there's just no excuse for that....

That was very nice of Beyonce to do that for her...

Then I've read some articles about "what's his name"...and that he apologized...and some people actually making excuses for his actions, like oh well people get caught up in the moment, everyone is all excited, yada yada yada....I say that's a bunch of bull...for someone to do something like that in the first place, there's just no excuse for that....

There is never an excuse for rudeness.

I was very impressed with the way Beyonce dealt with the situation tho. Her momma raised her right :thumbsup:

Smashing Pumpkins to release free 44-track 'album'

Billy Corgan's band will create 11 four-song EPs and compile them on to a box set that sounds suspiciously like an album, despite a vow to ditch the format for ever

Starting around 31 October, the band will make the new songs available on their website, one by one, "with no strings attached".

Teargarden by Kaleidyscope will be the eighth album by the Smashing Pumpkins, and the first to be recorded with only one original member. Instead, Corgan is joined by Jeff Schroeder, Ginger Reyes, and 19-year-old drummer Mike Byrne.