SF Fantasy Football V : 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the playoffs , here's a pretty good article about this year's contenders: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface010110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Makes me think of the sheer craziness of my 7-8 team in the final four let alone the championship game ! :laughing: :P

:o:o !

:rockon: :D :drummer: :guitar: ( :stars: )

Well , All RIGHT ! Think I'll go out today and buy myself a bottle of champagne to celebrate , a lottery ticket 'cause I'm CRAZY lucky right now , and may even go to Disneyland as it's only an hour away ! :laughing: My first football championship trophy - and from one of my most unlikely teams to win one , too ! :goof:

Thanks again to all for playing hard throughout the season . It was really tight as far as the standings go for most of the season with no one really having a steamroller roster , although CJ got pretty close to having one. I think our league had better parity and match ups than the actual NFL this year .

Congrats also to Sammy for nabbing second and to Lucky for third. The consolation round featured some good match ups as well , and I noticed that Carl, as usual , had a big points day on the last weekend . Glad I didn't face him again as he had taken a championship away from me previously when I had a much better team ( '05 where I finished 13-2 ).

A special thanks to our rookie managers who put together and maintained some pretty good teams and both managed to beat me , and Seeker was perhaps just one win short of a playoff spot. Hope you'll both join us again .

Anyway, enjoy a Fantasy sports break for a while , and see you on the ball diamond in a couple of months ! ;)

[bigger]Congratulations Kevin !![/bigger] :happybanana: :happybanana:

It's about time, and I'm glad to see you win after all the hard work you put in every year. Thank you for that Kevin, and thanks to all the rest of you, it was a fun season with Shawna & Fin playing as well. :)

In honor of our 5th season , I would like to present a wrap-up of the funny, the dumb , the ironic , the profound, the insightful and the pathetic ( in no particular order-you be the judge ) : :D

Some of my favs :

MC said: I never should have dropped Matt Ryan in favor of Favre . I see Kevin got a greedy ransack at the free agency market . You beat me to Flacco.

Phil said : It's Ted Ginn's fault. Everybody Knows that!

Lucky said: So, I needed a reciever this week cause I had one out on a bye, and another I just didn't want in the game. I pick up Miles Austin, not knowing anything about him, just that I remembered he did ok last week .... 32 freaking points later, I'm in with love Miles Austin.

Sammy said : F*** BRADY AND THE HORSE HE RODE IN ON!!

I FEEL LIKE BREAKIN' HIS BROKEN LEG!!

Seeker said : We need to select 180 players? That can't be right. There's not 360 people milling around on those pitches.

Lucky said: It'll (probably) happen while you're sleeping Shawna, you'll wake up and the Fantasy Football Fairy will have left you a team.

MC said : Divisions? Are you serious Kevin? That's going to create an unfair status during the course of the season. I'm not complaining about it, but just wait and see.

RJ said: If you would have told me I would have the overall best record in the league after Week 5, I would have said you were crazy./ I've been crushed....

Phil said: I've got Kevin this week. My game face is already on.

Shawna said: My team has started out every time as "projected" higher points than my opponent, and I've lost every &%^$ing game. /{ to me } oh shut up. I tried to do a trade/draft this morning, but there are none to be had for the two teams playing tonight. This week is just a lousy week for me... *sigh*

yes, thank you for the advice and outright orders, oh captain, my captain. :grin:

It was interesting... it was pathetic (for me), and I don't believe I will ever wish to be so humiliated again in a fantasy. Until now I'd thought fantasies were good things. *sigh*