Songfactor's Top 10 Television {Comedy Sitcom}

MindCrime

Soap is a definite yes and I like Sanford & Son so Kevin can do that one and it's bye-bye to poor Mary again :(

To make it easier for MC lets leave me with Soap and credit Kevin with Sanford & Son.

This is getting to confusing for anyone good :laughing:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nominations.jpg

Addams Family

ALF

All in the Family

Arrested Development

Beavis & Butthead

Bob Newhart Show

Carol Burnett Show

Cheers

Colbert Report

Cosby Show

Daily Show

Dinosaurs

Family Guy

Fawlty Towers

Frasier

Get Smart

Green Acres

Happy Days

Home Improvement

Honeymooners

I Love Lucy

Malcolm in the Middle

Married with Children

Mary Tyler Moore Show

M*A*S*H

Mr. Bean

Mr. Show

Monty Python

Mork & Mindy

Murphy Brown

Office (U.K.)

Pee Wee's Playhouse

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

Sanford & Son

Saturday Night Live

SCTV (Second City Television)

Seinfeld

Simpsons

Soap

Taxi

Three's Company

WKRP in Cincinnati

VOTE AWAY NOW!!

Anyone is certainly most welcome to vote, regardless of nominating or not.

If your nominations are missing, please let us know, I do apologize, but I'm sure they are all there.

This has been the toughest Top Ten list in which I've participated. I hate that I had to leave so many great shows off. I could easily have made this a top thirty. As a matter of fact there were only a few shows nominated that I didn't care for at least a little. It was also difficult to rate them top to bottom. They're all 1's in my heart.

1-SCTV (Second City Television)

2-Monty Python

3-Daily Show

4-Seinfeld

5-Soap

6-M*A*S*H

7-Cheers

8-All in the Family

9-ALF

10-Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

I also tried to place myself back in the time when these shows originally aired in order to get the proper perspective. I'm not sure I succeeded.

Well said, Joe. :)

the show I nominated is really called "Monty Python's Flying Circus" :)

the Monty Python boys did some other stuff besides that TV show too (mostly films and live shows)

Sorry about that, I jotted them down quickly. It's too late for me to edit my post.

^^ don't worry about it :)

1. Monty Python's Flying Circus

2. The Simpsons

3. Married... with Children

4. Mr. Bean (the only thing not funny about it where the laughter on tape :P )

5. Dinosaurs (kudos to whoever nominated that! :D )

6. Fawlty Towers

7. Daily Show

8. Home Improvement

9. Office (U.K.) (I actually never watched a complete show of that, but the German version is awesome :D )

10.Saturday Night Live

1. I Love Lucy

2. Seinfeld

3. M*A*S*H

4. Saturday Night Live

5. All in the Family

6. Carol Burnett Show

7. Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In

8. Cheers

9. Monty Python's Flying Circus

10. Frasier

I had a very hard time with this as well, because they are all great shows. I also had a hard time separating the sitcoms from the variety & sketch type comedy shows. This almost could have been split into two categories I think.

The Carol Burnett Show (true variety), SNL (sketch comedy), and the Tonight Show (late night comedy/talk) are all very different from a traditional sitcom. I dunno if we'd have 30-40 nominations, but there are a lot more that weren't nominated here. I'm not complaining, just thinking out loud ... this is great just as it is Kenne. ;)

I've sort of always seen variety shows and sketch comedies in the same light. Sitcoms are different in that they are situation comedies, characters put in a humorous situation and having to deal with it for a 1/2 hour or 1 hour show. Variety or sketch comedies are a conglomeration of a lot of stuff thrown in together and sewn up.

Just my 3 cents. :beatnik:

1. Married...With Children

2. Three's Company

3. Cheers

4. The Simpsons

5. Happy Days

6. Soap

7. Family Guy

8. Beavis & Butt-Head

9. Frasier

10. Sanford & Son

(I had to stick to the choices that were actual SITCOMS, as the title suggests. Therefore, I had to eliminate some of my favorite variety and/or skit comedy shows, like Laugh-In, SNL, Mr. Show, and, of course, Monty Python.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It was hard to choose, but I chose amongst the ones I've seen the most of and basically have grown up and older with:

1. The Cosby Show favorite episode: one where the girls are fighting with the guys over whether having a stripper at a bachelor party is sexist

2. Cheers how can I pick just one favorite

3. Seinfeld favorite episode: the one where they wager on who can remain "the master of their domain"

4. Three's Company favorite episode: Jack thinks Terry is pregnant and asks her to marry him

5. Home Improvement a favorite episode: Tim and Jill learn ballroom dancing

6. The Honeymooners to the moon, Alice

7. The Carol Burnett Show I loved it when the cast made each other crack up

8. M*A*S*H a show that didn't grow on me until I saw it in reruns

9. Taxi the episode in the nomination clip is one of my favorites

10. Happy Days a part of my childhood

I forgot to nominate "In Living Color"...another hilarious show, but oh well.....

It was hard to leave Carol Burnett Show out...I loved it when they couldn't keep a straight face also...And Tim Conway doing the "old man" bit was hysterical!...it was one of my favorties among many others...this was a tuffy that's for sure....and how can you not love The Reverend Jim on Taxi... :D