Songfactor's Top 10 Television {Comedy Sitcom}

MindCrime

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not heard of any of yours, either, BF. But hell, that never stopped me from nominating songs in the Top Tens that nobody's ever heard of. :grin:

This poll is kind of different though, isn't it? In the SF Top Tens, we can make people aware of stuff they may not have heard before, by posting a youtube link, or whatever. And we may bring them round. That isn't going to work with an entire TV series, is it? Even if I did find some entertaining clips to represent them. Better to nominate stuff that's internationally known, I think.

I used to love Frasier, but I'm guessing it has already been nominated.

b-f, I know Fawltey Towers, and I may have seen an episode or two of your others (the Liverpool connection). Most of us are aquainted with Benny Hill (worth a nomination IMO), the UK version of The Office (another great one), or Wallace & Grommet. Is Wallace & Grommet a regular series? That's another worth a nomination.

Other favourites of mine include:

Porridge

Rising Damp

I'm Alan Partridge / Knowing Me Knowing You, with Alan Partridge

The League Of Gentlemen

One Foot In The Grave

Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?

TheFall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin

Are any of these known outside the UK?

I loved Reginald Perrin. That may be my favorite Brit comedy ever! :)

No , I think Lea can make another selection - I'm calling in seniority here ... :D :laughing: :susel:

Tis yours if you want it Kevin :D I can think of lots of others. Doesn't matter who nominates it after all ;)

If you want it I will keep my Mary Hartman nomination that I changed to add in Dinosaurs :D

I'm torn now, whether my second nomination should be BlackAdder, (which, coincidentally I just bought as a box-set for my son's 12th birthday present) or The Office, which is also British and brilliant. I get the impression that at least a few of you are au fait with it.

OK, scratch "Father Ted" from my nominations; "The Office" it is.

I still recommend that comedy buffs check out "Father Ted" though. Fantastically funny.

Thank you everyone for your nominations... I'm glad the Cheers, MASH, Laugh-In, Office-UK deal got taken care of. :)

My second nomination...

family_guy-1.png

Family Guy ('99-'02, '05-present)

I had a long list that included Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson, Friends, Jeffersons, Jeannie, Andy Griffith, Gilligan, Roseanne, Night Court etc.

I went with Family Guy, because it's the one I've seen the most recently, as I don't remember the other shows as clearly.

I forgot all about M*A*S*H!!! crap! So are you saying someone did nominate it? I hope so!! Otherwise, I'll ditch Murphy Brown for that one.

Another one that makes me snort out loud is The Big Bang Theory. That show is absolutely addicting! But it's been on for so short a time I don't know if it's got a big audience. It should. It's hysterical!! :grin:

I forgot all about M*A*S*H!!! crap! So are you saying someone did nominate it? I hope so!! Otherwise, I'll ditch Murphy Brown for that one.

Yes'm. That's what I dropped Cheers for. It was quite a dilemma, because shortly after that I remembered Laugh-In. Thank goodness Joe caught that omission, and cj has picked up Cheers. All the great ones are accounted for. Now, how do we vote? :P