Songfactor's Top 10 Television {Comedy Sitcom}

MindCrime

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I love both of my nominations, there is another one which was a huge influence in my life, that I'd forgotten during an apparent senior moment. I've got to change one of my nominations. I hope some one picks the other one up (please, because it's Cheers!), cause it's too good not to be there. :P

Edited by Guest

While I love both of my nominations, there is another one which was a huge influence in my life, that I'd forgotten during an apparent senior moment. I've got to change one of my nominations. I hope some one picks the other one up (please, because it's Cheers!), cause it's too good not to be there. :P

I almost nominated that one, Lucky...! Almost... but I began to not watch it once Kirstie Alley was on, so I couldn't count the entire run of it amongst my favorites... only the Sam&Diane seasons.

Nomination #1: Fawlty Towers

Nomination #2: Father Ted

I suspect #1 is internationally known, due to the John Cleese / Python link. But what about Father Ted? anybody seen thi one? Well loved over here, but maybe totally unheard of elsewhere? If so, I might change #2.

Will try to get back with some links to some classic clips later on, if opportunity permits.

Other favourites of mine include:

Porridge

Rising Damp

I'm Alan Partridge / Knowing Me Knowing You, with Alan Partridge

The League Of Gentlemen

One Foot In The Grave

Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?

TheFall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin

Are any of these known outside the UK?

I've never heard of any of those, and I've only read about Father Ted in a television almanac, but vote for whatever you like and are familiar with.