Songfactor's Top 10 Television {Comedy Sitcom}

MindCrime

In this Top 10 special, we will be doing a non-music theme.

We ask you to nominate two Comedy television shows from the past or present that you feel were great for the quality of written plot and characteristic portrayal.

*Note: Late night comedic shows, sketch series, animated comedy are all acceptable nominations

The same regular rules that go with the top 10s applies here. First week is for nominations, then the regular top 10 voting will go on for another week or until everybody has their votes in.

Please let us have your nominations now

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ILoveLucyTitleScreen.jpg

1951 - 1960

Vitameatavegamin the good part starts around the 4 minute mark. :D

MASH_TV_title_screen.jpg

(1972-1983)

Taken from a real life novel, and feature film (both hits) and featuring real life stories as told by real life MASH surgeons. It was funny, it was sad, it was a political statement. But mostly it was good.

The trailer

The (complete) theme suicide is painless, it brings on many changes ... (another helluva great theme)

and the finale the most watched finale show in the history of television.

Edited by Guest
Added new links

250px-Dinosaurs-DVD-4-web.jpg

Dinosaurs

Wiki Link

Episode Link

220px-Soap_title_screen.jpg

Soap

Wiki Link

Episode Links

Ok, so my since of humor has always been abit odd but I loved both these shows. I may be the only one that even remembers them but they were my favorites.

My apologies to our younger SFer's because you guys I'm sure have never heard of them . Check out a few of the episodes. These types of comedy sitcoms paved the way for the ones that are near and dear to your hearts today :D

Edited by Guest
Even tho I changed one, my statements still apply :D

MaryHartmanDVD.jpg

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Wiki Link

Episode Links

220px-Soap_title_screen.jpg

Soap

Wiki Link

Episode Links

Ok, so my since of humor has always been abit odd but I loved both these shows. I may be the only one that even remembers them but they were my favorites.

My apologies to our younger SFer's because you guys I'm sure have never heard of them . Check out a few of the episodes. These types of comedy sitcoms paved the way for the ones that are near and dear to your hearts today :D

I must be old because I remember both of them. I never much cared for MHMH, but I was a huge Soap fan.