Early Punk classics.

little Rascal

I'm New here and it seems to that this forum is dominated by Big 70's dinosaur Bands like Pink-Floyd, America, the Eagles and other crap like that!

This is a list of my "best of" 70's Punk. Feel free to Critcise, Comment, Trash or Contribute!

1.White Riot, The Clash

2.Pretty Vacant, The Sex Pistols

3.(I'm) Stranded. The Saints

4.Bltzkrieg Bop, The Ramones

5.London calling, The Clash

6.Lust for life, Iggy POP

7 God save the Queen. the Sex Pistols.

8.Barbed wire love, Stiff little fingers.

9.Hey Joe, Patti Smith

10. Paralytic to-night, Dublin tommorrow/ Don't send Me roses(E.P) The Saints.

Edited by Guest
Idiot.......

hey little Rascal, welcome to Songfacts :)

you might be interested in this thread, where our resident punk expert started to give us insight into some more or less known punk bands ;)

btw, 'dinosaurs' could refer to them being big and old (=classic), that doesn't have to be something bad (*completely ignoring the other adjective*)

the german band Fettes Brot calls themselves "hip hop dinosaurs" because they're one of the earliest bands like that here :)

Yeh, I coulda included the Dead Kens but I only had 10 slots to fill & I'd rather have the Germs or X! LA Punk doesn't rattle my stick! Too derivitive and doesn't speak to Me the Way Patti Smith & The Saints do.

Their FIRST single "California, Uber alles" was released in June 1979 so they were (though not technically I admitt) more an 80's Phenomena!

MC5? Ummm, "Legs" Armstrong coined the term "Punk" as a name for for his Magazine that was covering the Music that was coming outta CBGB's and MC 5 were'nt a part of that.

Theres so many bands I coulda included but I didn't! I won't (or can't be bothered) justifying every ommittion! I said "feel free to critisize" and I meant it. It's a Dull world when every-one agrees on everyphink!

I described the Eagles, P'k Floyd...ETC! as Dinosaurs and Crap because I think they are OLD BIG, Extinct and as relevant to Modern Times as a Brontosaurus...oooops (an Apatosaurus) wood Be.

"Take it easy", "Witchy Woman" and the whole of their "Eponymous album" should only be sold on Prescription because it's such a strong sleeping Potion! Desparado? Well, they can "still out ridin fences" for eternity (or longer!) as far i'm concerned. Hotel california. What the Frq'n Hell is that song on about? I (not being an Uber Rich celeb') relate to it,.. HOW???

Pink Floyd? Great Cover Art! "Psychadelic 70's Art-Rock?"...."Just say NO!" btw, "The Wall"'s "Fan-Band Alienation" theme was inspired by the singer Spitting on a Fan at an Stadium Gig! "Money" and Comfortalbly NUMB!" ...Nough Said.

Anyway, Thats my opinion! I'm entitled/and stick'n to it!

Btw,1, I've NEVER taken to popular ( A.K.A.. Lowest Common Denominator) Music and hope I NEVER Will!

BTW,2 Thanx for the Hello, Farin!!

Cheers to You!!!

BTW,3 (I HATE the Beatles too! Boo!! Hiss!!!!)

Edited by Guest

Not News???

"Oh!!!! Brutto Fiugura!!!", Mama Mia!!!! I Notta know this a CNN(+N) Forum!!!!! Scussi! Marni Regrette'!!!!!

Will this :/ ! go on My permanent Record??? :rolleyes:

~~~Note to self 1~~~~,... DON'T EVER criticise Plink Floyd or the EAGLES, !!!

(They won't thank You for it!)

Edited by Guest

I described the Eagles, P'k Floyd...ETC! as Dinosaurs and Crap because I think they are OLD BIG, Extinct and as relevant to Modern Times as a Brontosaurus...oooops (an Apatosaurus) wood Be.

...unlike 1970s punk, you mean?

It's 2009; get a grip, man.

I'm spending the next three days at an all-weekend Punk-fest, 200+ bands. That's a lot of punk rock. I'm as punk as f**k, with an iron constitution, but I'm not sure even I will be able to withstand it. (The incentive of Killing Joke on Sunday night should keep me going.) But I will be surrounded (mostly) by paunchy middle-aged geezers. And I'm not going to pretend it's the most happening or relevant event of the 21st Century so far.

I blazed onto this site about 4 years ago with an observation very similar to this fella's. Well, alright; mine was probably delivered with a lot more panache. But the sentiment was kind of similar. What I complained of was that there didn't seem to be much acknowledgement of all the great music made from the punk-era onwards. I thought things had changed for the better on that front, but maybe I was mistaken.

Whatever; it seems a bit ironic to complain about the site being too conservative, then immediately harp on about punk music from 30+ years ago.