-2 Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles

-1 BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO - NEIL SEDAKA

Should Be On There...

+5 Surfer Girl-Beach Boys :bow: :bow: :bow:

+4 Walk Like a Man-4 Seasons

+3 Two Faces Have I - Lou Christie

+2 Blowin’ in the Wind-Peter Paul & Mary

+1 Blue Moon - Marcels

Well, If you mean my high vote for Surfer Girl, It is probably my favorite song by The Beach Boys. He has excellent taste.

I still remember the first time I ever heard it and what I was doing at the time.

I was standing on a white Cali beach with the wind blowing through my hair and thinking how wonderful life was.

I was very, very young ;)

You were a Surfer Girl then - and probably still are. :)

Ron and I are (I think) probably the biggest Beach Boys' fans here. We've exchanged some of their Music. Surfer Girl is just a beautiful song - one of my favorites of theirs. It could sneak into this week's Chart with your votes.

:headphones:

You were a Surfer Girl then - and probably still are. :)

Ron and I are (I think) probably the biggest Beach Boys' fans here. We've exchanged some of their Music. Surfer Girl is just a beautiful song - one of my favorites of theirs. It could sneak into this week's Chart with your votes.

:headphones:

Once a surfer girl, always a surfer girl. As a matter of fact I leave for a week down the shore on Saturday. I'll come back with a review of the surfer scene in Wildwood, NJ for you.

Wildwood is known as the Doo Wop capitol of the US. Check out the following brief story and a web cam of the boardwalk (looks like some rain this morning)

Rock Around the Clock, often credited as the first rock and roll record, was first performed on Memorial Day weekend in 1954 at the HofBrau Hotel in Wildwood by Bill Haley & His Comets. The song’s status as one of the first rock and roll hits has given rise to the city’s claim as “the birthplace of rock and rollâ€.

Wildwood houses over 200 motels, built during the Doo-Wop era of the 1950s and 1960s. The motels are unique in appearance with Vegas-like neon signs, odd architecture, and an overall distinctive look which makes Wildwood one of the most interesting districts of its kind in the nation. [4] New construction in the area however has seen the demise of many older motels being demolished so bigger condominiums may take up residence. The Wildwood Doo Wop Preservation League has taken action to help save and restore these historic buildings but construction of far larger hotels may overtake the area in the next few years. A 1950s Doo Wop museum has recently been built which contains property from demolished motels like neon signs and furniture. Neo-Doo Wop buildings in the area feature a neon lit Wawa, Subway Sandwich Shop, and a 1950s styled Acme Supermarket.

http://www.gwcoc.com/webcam_2.html

VOTING IS CLOSED. HERE IT IS !

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED CREATE THIS WEEK'S CHART. :)

GOLDEN OLDIES TOP 40 #26 (week commencing August 9th 2009)

jukebox2.gif

Please CLICK HERE to view the full Chart in PDF Format.

(Click on to open, then enlarge on your browser).

AND IT REALLY WOULD BE NICE TO GET SOME FEEDBACK !!!