Acoustic-Electric Guitars

Aneurysm89

Definately go pawn shop, most of the time those guitars have a much better 'personality' anyway, the ones you buy from like an actual store are waaay too conformist and identical, whereas if you buy one second hand they're usually older, and the previous owner(if he was any good) probably 'tweeked' it a little bit.

Also if you have a friend that's 18 (or your parents or whatever) you can hock stuff to buy it, that's what I did anyway, was in a pawn shop saw a guitar and decided, "I'm gonna learn to play guitar" hocked my Xbox and bought that axe. :thumbsup:

Or a HUGE Marshall. Yeah they have a clean channel... I think. :laughing:

You should check the local advertiser. Its called the Atlanta Advertiser here, Its like a pawn shop on paper. Thats where I got my guitar.

Nothing like Marshal. And they go up to '11'. That's '1' louder than the rest. =:P :guitar: =:P

Definately go for a pawn shop, especially if you live in a smaller town, 'cuz those are usually just local pawn shops and the owners kind of price items 'by ear' like a friend of mine picked up a strat :bow: that was just a little scratched up, and the owner said he could have it for 75 bucks 'cuz it was 'broke' (hahahaha, we plugged that baby into an amp and that sound was clear as a bell)

Of course you also have to rely on the person hocking it to be uneducated enough to accept such a low price for their possesion (or just really desperate)

I have a few guitars now, but nothing will top the first one I got (at least in my opinion) I picked it up for 45 'cuz it looked in bad shape, the bridge was a little cockeyed, the strings were crappy, and there were other basic repairs.

So basically I restringed it, fixed the bridge, and took it apart and tinkered the hell out of it, effectively turning it into a prized possesion.

God I love pawn shops(I pick up loads of stuff there, I got a mandolin and the shopkeeper told me that I could have it for 30$ :: 'cuz he wasn't sure what I wanted to do with a 'midget guitar' :doh: :laughing:)

The good thing about buying in person is you get the hear the tone of the guitar. For my brother's first one we went through about 20 of the same model until we found one that rang really clearly - not that the others weren't good, but he ended up with the best one there.