Bob Dylan

TheLizard

Well, I think I can die happy now.

Let's start from the beginning: Willie Nelson took the stage and a giant Texas flag unfurled as the backdrop, which of course I cheered loudly as I just left Texas not so long ago. Naturally, his entrance was accompanied by cheers and the lingering smell of marijuana. He's ancient, has man boobs, and is still the biggest badass in country music, and I love him for it. He played a simple, low key set of his well known songs, and called it a day right before the storm rolled in.

The storm was a gift. Yes, we got soaked, but they made everyone clear the field. Of course, as soon as the field was clear, some of us ne'er-do-wells rushed the field, overwhelming the stadium staff. On account of that, me and my mother and sister ended up standing only about 6 people deep from the stage and perfectly center. It also helped to be taller than everyone in front of me. It was an absolutely perfect view.

On came John Mellencamp. I've never been a huge fan, although I know all his hits, but he changed my mind about him pretty quickly. He was fantastic. His band was tight, he was very energetic, and it was impossible not to sing along.

And then, after a wait, the legend took the stage. It was surreal being that close to Bob Dylan and watching him perform. This is the man whose music made me want to write, who I've read books on, and even wrote a paper for school on. And he did not disappoint. First of all, his band was incredible. It was rock and roll at its best. And he, while his voice (which was never anything to brag about to begin with) has lost a lot, could still project such emotion into his words that you got caught up in them like it was the first time hearing them. And it was obvious he was enjoying himself, and the crowd was so enthusiastic, and it was just a fantastic symbiotic relationship as Dylan fed off us and we fed off him. The only concert I can think of that left me with a better feeling was the Rolling Stones.

Set list:

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat (Bob on guitar)

2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (Bob on guitar)

3. The Levee's Gonna Break (Bob on keyboard)

4. Spirit On The Water (Bob on keyboard)

5. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (Bob on keyboard)

6. I Feel A Change Comin' On (Bob on keyboard)

7. Honest With Me (Bob on keyboard)

8. Forgetful Heart (Bob center stage on harp)

9. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on keyboard)

10. Nettie Moore (Bob on keyboard)

11. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on keyboard)

(encore)

12. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on keyboard)

13. Jolene (Bob on keyboard)

14. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on keyboard)

• 1 year later...

Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman; May 24, 1941) is an American singer-songwriter and musician who has been a major figure in music for five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when he was an informal chronicler, and an apparently reluctant figurehead of social unrest. A number of his songs such as "Blowin' in the Wind" and "The Times They Are a-Changin'" became anthems for the US civil rights and anti-war movements. His early lyrics incorporated a variety of political, social and philosophical, as well as literary influences. They defied existing pop music conventions and appealed hugely to the then burgeoning counterculture. Initially inspired by the songs of Woody Guthrie, Robert Johnson, Hank Williams, and the performance styles of Buddy Holly and Little Richard,[13] Dylan has both amplified and personalized musical genres, exploring numerous distinct traditions in American song—from folk, blues and country to gospel, rock and roll, and rockabilly, to English, Scottish, and Irish folk music, embracing even jazz and swing.. he is all time hit musician

Ùيديو

• 5 months later...