More truth about bottled water - save your money !

Kevin

Don't buy the crap - get a Brita or the like instead if you really must, and enjoy slapping your friends in the head when they do so , or start spouting off crap about how much better it is ...

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/34361/the-truth-about-bottled-water/

If I have to buy something hydrating, I buy juice or iced tea or soy milk or something with flavour. Buying bottled water just seems stupid. Bit less in India, though, because the water out the tap has NOT being put through all the government regulations so in that case it doesn't matter which way you turn - you have no idea what's in the water from the tap or the bottle. I was told to avoid drinking water outside of the house if I didn't know the source of it.

Ah, it's a western nation thing - my cousin sister and her husband came to Melbourne last year and asked me if the water out the tap was safe to drink. I found it weird to fill a glass with water straight out the tap when I first got here as well. I wuz used to water filters in every kitchen

our tap water has a very high quality too, and still people only buy bottled water

if you want to get lots of strange looks, just ask for tap water in a German restaurant :D

Sounds like some slapping needs to be done in Germany as well as Australia . Hope you are both up for it ! :D

It annoys me when people buy bottled water here. Vancouver has some of the cleanest water in the world, and it only has to travel down from the mountains instead of being shipped from god knows where in little plastic bottles.

You always get free tap (maybe filtered if they care) water in restaurants here. It's weird to think of paying for water in a restaurant. I usually just drink the free water if I'm trying to save money when I'm eating.

The US has some of the cleanest water in the world coming from the tap. Other countries come to SoCal water treatment and water reclamation plants to borrow our water technology. In spite of this, you will see mexican neighborhoods with "water stores." In mexico, the water from the tap is no good, so they're used to buying the purified stuff... and old habits are hard to break. Suffice to say, if the water that came out of the tap was of the same quality as the bottled stuff, you'll see Federal agents seize and take over the water treatment plant in a snap :beatnik:

Usually you have good water when you' re near the mountains and bad water when you live near the sea.

I remember waking up one night thirsty and running to the bathroom, I opended the tap and just drank from it... it was so bad!!! :stars: I had forgotten I was spending a night in Barcelona instead of Madrid... Barcelona is on the coast and has a terirble tap water...