WALTER CRONKITE - RIP

MarcM

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/17/eveningnews/main5170556.shtml

I'm too young to have grown up watching Cronkite on the news, but my parents watched him every night, both as kids and young adults, and then after they married. They both remembered him announcing JFK had died, as they were home sick from school that day.

".....and that's the way it is."

I was just about to post this same story . Funny , but a couple of weeks ago when we had all those celebrity deaths , I was thinking about him for some reason -Ed McMahan ,I guess . Just hope the media will someday again try and emulate his integrity when it came to delivering and reporting the news . R.I.P.

Larry King Live is doing a special on him right now on CNN .

Edited by Guest

Cronkite came from an era where real journalists actually covered the news with honor and integrity. Not the absolute drivel we see on TV today. Here's a guy who's career spanned covering World War II, to seeing an African-American being elected President of the United States. Pretty remarkable life. Here's one of his highlights.

The man lived a good, long and full life, so maybe it's not such a sad occaision, he was 92 afterall. But it is sad. Sad for those of us that remember him, that watched, with our families for all those years. As recently as 1994 when polled, the majority of people still said the man they trusted the most to get their news from was Walter Cronkite.

RIP Mr Cronkite.