Songfactor's Top 10 Movies {DRAMA}

MindCrime

perhaps a definition of "drama" would be in order? I'm having a rough time with the distinction, because there are times even when I go to the movie rental store when I look in the "drama" section for a movie, and it's actually in the "romance" or "suspense" or some other section... :crazy:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this is difficult when you have so many "types" of drama...Since this is our first Movie TT we've done, maybe the next ones could be divided up into their own groups...such as Comedy, Thriller, Horror, Western, Etc.....Just a suggestion... :P

That's the idea :)

This one was originally intended to be regular drama and then violent/action was going to be the next one, but nearly half of these are violent dramas, so it didn't quite work out that way.

Since some movies overlap genres, I'm hoping it's okay to re-use some of the genre themes. (for instance, having a drama selection, and then having a black&white selection. Some movies [e.g. Casablanca] would fall into both categories.)

Edited by Guest

We'll begin voting as soon as Shawna submits her other nomination, if Peaches or anybody else wants to participate and when I can finally decide between "It's a Wonderful Life", "Wizard of Oz", or "Silence of the Lambs" for my second nomination (choices, choices :stars:)

it would be a shame if these great choices wouldn't even be mentioned

:)

Why would it be a shame ? Everyone knows those are good movies without saying . Do you add extra songs , for whatever reason , when you nominate in the Top Ten ? Sure it's tough , but make your picks and stand by them - or don't you ? ;) BTW : MC statrted the thread ; he's allowed certain liberties we aren't ... :D

... and let's get on with the voting , already ! You've got all you're going to get ... :laughing: :D

I just need Shawna's second pick and I was going to ask Peachie, (but between you and me, I'm a bit scared of her) and I'll post my other and we can get on with it, probably by Sunday.

I was going to ask Peachie, (but between you and me, I'm a bit scared of her)

Tee hee. I am as mean as a toothless teddy bear. :grin:

I totally want to nominate but I don't know what. This is a hard category. I like specific parameters. Not that I'm fussing because I think this is a fantastic idea. These things come about organically as they grow.

Good work, MC. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20! (Did he jump? Did I scare him? Tee hee)

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)

Primal Fear (1996)