Looking For Some Good Saxophone Songs

jw021993

Hello, I am looking for some good easy going sax songs. If you happen to know any it is greatly appreciated.

Example of the types of songs I am looking for: "Your Latest Trick" by Dire Straits, and "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty.

Thanks

Hi JW, these are a few that come to mind...

Miss You - Rolling Stones (album version with extended sax solo.)

Reminiscing - Little River Band

Urgent - Foreigner

Tender Years - John Cafferty & Beaver Brown Band

Anything by Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band

Turn the Page (live version) - Bob Segar

Rio - Duran Duran (has a sax solo, though it is short)

There should be a Saxophone category on the main Songfacts page, but there isn't.

The first one I thought of was The Boys In The Band by Gentle Giant, though the saxophone is only one of many instruments that play a very important part in that instrumental. :grin:

Oh, you said easy going. Sorry. :P

Edited by Guest

any song by Kenny G (some of my favorites are: Songbird, Forever in Love, Silhouette, and he does a great cover of Junior Walker's What Does It Take to Win Your Love)

Just the Two of Us by Grover Washington Jr. (any Grover song would be good; one of the greatest sax players I've ever heard/seen)

Careless Whisper by Wham

Who Can It Be Now by Men at Work

Just about any album from the cool Boston group Morphine . Good for a party and dancing or just as BGM.

An ex.

I think their albums are better than live shows though as they can tweak everything.

... and ,of course, my favorite; The Stones and "Can't You Hear Me Knocking " - but you gotta wait for it ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ybQuhQv8g&feature=related

:bow: :bow:

:cool:

Aside from being one ofthe coolest, grooviest UK #1 hit singles EVER, Ian Dury & The Blockheads' "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" contains some legendary sax-playing, courtesy of Davey Payne.

Both the single and its accompanying music video featured Davey Payne simultaneously playing dual saxophones during his solo, in evident homage to jazz saxophonist Rahsaan Roland Kirk, whose 'trademark' technique this was.