Eddie Van Halen gets married

Mike

2njevbs.jpg

In a casual wedding ceremony fit for a rock star, guitar great Eddie Van Halen, wearing an un-tucked buttoned-down shirt and flip-flops tied the knot Saturday night to his girlfriend, Janie Liszewski, as RadarOnline.com exclusively reported on Saturday.

The ceremony took place in Eddie’s backyard garden in the hills above Studio City, Ca. Janie wore a champagne and pink custom-designed Hanna Hartnell gown with matching Bulgari earrings and bracelet as she walked down the aisle to Van Halen's "When It's Love," performed by the Sonus Quartet.

Eddie’s 18-year-old son, Wolfgang, served as best man, while brother Alex Van Halen, an ordained minister, officiated the 20-minute service.

Eddie, Wolfie, the bride and wedding attendants all wore flip-flops.

Among the 100 guests: Eddie’s ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, the couple divorced in 2006, after 25 years of marriage.

The couple wrote their vows and designed the rings – Janie's, a platinum band beside a nearly three-carat diamond engagement ring; Ed's, a gold band with yellow diamonds.

This was her first marriage and Van Halen's second.

Copyright © 2009 Radar Online

I'm sure Valerie was there because their son was there, although I do believe they are still friends. Unless something major happened to cause the divorce, after 25 years of marriage there's a lot of love and friendship there that doesn't just vanish.

And yeah after the last week and all the deaths and sorrow we've seen on the news, a light story like this does wonders. Congrats to them both. :)

May be just me , but dressing the part for a wedding , of all things , or other special circumstances makes me wonder just how serious this relationship is . Too hard to buy or rent a tux , Eddie - or even a suit ? Really.

She looks a bit like Raquel Welch - minus the arms that could strangle a man like a python . :D

May be just me , but dressing the part for a wedding , of all things , or other special circumstances makes me wonder just how serious this relationship is . Too hard to buy or rent a tux , Eddie - or even a suit ? Really.

The way one dresses for a wedding has no effect on the way the two people feel about each other or the seriousness of the event.

I've been to black-tie weddings where I was in a full-length gown and gloves and I've been to beach weddings where I wore a sundress and flip-flops and neither wedding was more important or more special than the other. It's what the two people getting married want and clearly Eddie and his new wife wanted something more relaxed and fun. I'm sure he could have worn a suit if he wanted to, but the fact he didn't doesn't mean anything.

Honestly, I think it's very rude to assume they don't love each other or take their relationship seriously just because they didn't dress according to what goes for "tradition". How can anyone make a statement like that without knowing them?