Michael Jackson dead at age 50

Mike

When MJ and LMP got married I thought they did it to have a child... that was the logic thing to do (I mean, a child as the other three MJ's kids... ) He would have been the son of the King of Pop and the greatson of the King of Rock... the Prince of something? :cool:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you have to look at both careers & lives honeslty. You can't put on rose colored galsses, and deny their personal lives ... but on the other hand, you cannot deny or look past each's contributions not only to the music industry but to our modern day culture. It's there, and you've got to take one with the other. Everyone screws up, some in a bigger way than others. The bad of MJ's life goes waaay past screwing up .... But in the week after the man's death I think that most properly it is the time to celebrate his contributions. There will be plenty of time to discuss and remember his failings, after they get the guy buried.

Edited by Guest

Billy Mays is the one who died of heart disease because of poor eating habits, not Michael Jackson.

He more than likely died of a prescription drug overdose. Like Elvis.

Did Billy Mays eat anything suspicious? From what I hear on TV, he sounded very energetic in all of his commercials and infomercials.

Did Billy Mays eat anything suspicious? From what I hear on TV, he sounded very energetic in all of his commercials and infomercials.

What are you talking about "suspicious"? He had heart disease brought on by poor eating habits - meaning he ate lots of greasy fattening foods and didn't take care of himself.

Sounding energetic on TV has nothing to do with this.

What are you talking about "suspicious"? He had heart disease brought on by poor eating habits - meaning he ate lots of greasy fattening foods and didn't take care of himself.

Sounding energetic on TV has nothing to do with this.

At this point the Billy Mays actual cause of death is still waiting on autopsy reports as well. Billy Mays had an enlarged heart ... something that is rarely brought on by poor eating habits, and more often an inherited or genetic condition. See here.

Look before anyone thinks that "Edna's brownies" are poisonous(sp?) or anything...I was referring to Billy Mays energetic babbling...

I know what you mean, CJ... :shades: ...everybody knows what my brownies are made from... they should read the instructions first... :cool:

I have been listening to MJ everywhere, everybody listens to MJ, TV, friends, cars, shops, bars... I remember when Lennon was shot there wasn' t such an "invasion"... maybe Lennon' s times were not so "mediatic".

Or maybe MJ was more popular than the Beatles?

Thus said, I'm aware of how important he was but I didn' t know he was that important. I can only compare it with lady Diana' s death.

I was watching vids on TV the other days and I found for the first time than I had seen John Travolta dance a lot like him many years before "Thriller".

Now, don' t get mad at me, I' m not saying he was less than others or he doesn' t deserve all the pain around, I know he was amazing. I just didn' t know people would idolize him so. Yes, I must have been blind... and deaf.

Edna I don't think that Michael is/was any more of an idol or any more loved than Elvis/Lennon/Diana .... I think it's this stupid world we live in, where the media are like terriers, they grab something and won't let it go. Trying to one up that other station, calling the same rehashed stuff "breaking news". No it's the media, and it's rather ugly IMO. It's become a circus (much like his life), and it's a death for pete's sake.

I know. It seems disrespectful doesn't it? I don't care who or what the person is or was. A death should command some amount of respect, not circus. :P

I just realized they've actually named the memorial. Michael Jackson - The Farewell. :P

Edited by Guest

I know. It seems disrespectful doesn't it? I don't care who or what the person is or was. A death should command some amount of respect, not circus. :P

I just realized they've actually named the memorial. Michael Jackson - The Farewell. :P

At least they didn't call it Michael Jackson-Beat It! :jester:

I cannot believe the $25,000 worth of gold that is being buried into the ground as his casket.

You think anyone is going to know exactly where that coffin is located? Not to mention, they're going to be burying it under layers and layers of cement.