Dreams

TheLizard

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream a few nights ago that my Mom and Dad were still alive....this is the first time that I dreamed about them since they passed away....it was strange because the dream was set up kind of like the day I found my mom....I went to my parents house, and Dad was sitting on the back porch looking at his garden...I went inside and went up to my mom's room to get a few things that Dad said I could have...When I walked in Mom was in her bed reading a book, and the tv was on...Little House On The Prairie was on the TV....Shocked, I said "Mom, you're alive"...she just smiled at me and said "Of course I'm alive", and she gave me a hug....I woke up crying...

I've heard, when you have dreams like yours Laurie, it is their way of saying they are ok and with you always. A way of communicating with the living.

They say if you are willing to see and hear, you will. Your lucky you are sensitive to it.

I want to hear from my step-daddy but I guess I'm just to hardhearted with this life to be able to hear him anymore.

I tried to say the Lords Prayer for him when he was dying and he told me no, in a very loud voice.

No one heard but me so I don't talk about it. It made me very, very sad.

I miss him so much :puppyeyes:

just reading your posts made me sad. :puppyeyes: I have dreams sometimes where I'm half asleep/half awake, and they're dreams I can't control. These particular dreams are awful, awful dreams. Not about anything in particular, but just an overwhelming feeling of depression, blackness, heaviness, and when I come out of it, I feel very, very sad. Never used to have these, but since my mom's health problems, and her subsequent depression (she cries every single day at least once) I think it's some sort of psychic connection to her and I feel exactly what she feels. Weird.

Every once in a while, either my mom or dad will show up in a dream. It never really occurs to me in the dream that they are both gone, only after I wake up do I remember, "Oh yeah, they are gone." The dreams are nothing weird, just a regular slice of life, for the most part. I think about them often, so the dreams do not surprise me. They do not depress me, either. It is kind of like a "visit from beyond!"

I have had a lot of dreams that involve me being in shootings. They are never the same scenario, but the bullets always move in slow motion and I always win. I remember 2 dreams in particular.

The first one I had when I was on patrol training. I dreamed that my training officer and I were having a gun battle with someone. I looked over at him as he was getting ready to speak into the microphone of his radio. When I looked over, he said into the radio, "Shootout." The way he said it was like a guy trying to be really suave and hip. I woke up laughing.

The second one had me and my friend Melissa, who is also a deputy, in downtown Los Angeles. We somehow got into shooting with someone that recognized us a cops. I remember firing all of my bullets and then reloading, but instead of reloading normally, I kneeled down on the ground, tapped the bottom of the pistol on the road, then did some other weird stuff to make the pistol ready to fire again. When everything was over, I looked over to see an LAPD cop just standing there a few feet away. He had been there the whole time and had said or done nothing. I looked over at him and told him that everything was OK because we were deputies. He said, "I can tell by the way you reloaded your pistol."

One of my best friends, a police sargent (before he retired as Chief) told me his worst nightmare was walking up to an innocent auto stop and having to shoot someone.

It was a long time ago when he told me that. When he was just a patrolman. I always remembered him saying it and I always hoped he never found himself in that position.

He retired with his dreams intact but he was badly injured by a locale boy he maybe should have shot(in the knee at the very least). He did managed years ago, to be hailed as a hero in one of the national rags. The Enquirer I think :D

He still laughs about it :D

I've had similar dreams where I'm holed up in a trench during some kind of siege. The whole thing was built up as if it were a movie. The weird thing is that I get shot and I fall back onto the mud looking at the grey sky; I see all kinds of dirt and debris flying, hear aeroplane and truck engines, explosions in the background, and slowly, slowly, everything becomes muffled, and then I hear off to the edges people's voices - people I know: my mother, my stepfather, my brothers, and I fade out as I sink into the mud. Then I wake up at my parents' living room couch as my brothers are watching a war movie with shootings and explosions! :beatnik:

I had a dream some years back when I lived next to the 110 freeway in So Pasadena. I dreamed that I walked down the off ramp onto the freeway. I walked a little bit further and stopped to find WW1 was being fought on the North bound lanes.

I had a dream about people on a desert island who were invaded by pirates. The pirates just shot a few of them and then told the rest that they would come back next week and wanted $5,000 or they'd shoot some more.

After a while of this soap opera of people trying to come up with money plays out a while (for some reason, I'm an observer and not a participant in this dream), I realized that it was not logical for people on a desert island to get $5000, so I woke up.

Later that night, I dreamed that my husband, daughter and I were in a house (not ours) watching TV when we hear cars pulling up. I look out the window and my husband asks "is it them?" "Yes, do we have the money?" "No" I wake up terrified.....

I had a dream some years back when I lived next to the 110 freeway in So Pasadena. I dreamed that I walked down the off ramp onto the freeway. I walked a little bit further and stopped to find WW1 was being fought on the North bound lanes.

No, that wasn't WW1, that was just Friday afternoon at 5pm. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I had a dream about a week ago where I was visited by a cosmic sea turtle, who I've decided to name "Cosmo" (He has visited me off and on since seeing him in my very first acid trip) and he only said, "Touch the strings."

I'm assuming he was telling me to pick up my mandolin again. I've been neglecting it lately.