Chris Brown Pleads Guilty

Jenny

http://new.music.yahoo.com/chris-brown/news/chris-brown-pleads-guilty-to-assault--61987985

I couldn't copy and paste, so here's the link. Singer Chris Brown pleaded guilty to felony assault for beating fellow singer Rihanna.

I know this hasn't been followed a lot here on SF, but I think it's an important story and I hope a lot of people learn from this that domestic violence is intolerable.

I am glad that the judge issued an order for both of them to stay away from each other. She does not need to "reconcile" with him, she needs to get counseling.

Classy how the Yahoo article embeds one of his songs of the middle of the article. I didn't want to listen to that hack even before I knew he was a woman beater. And yeah, Pinkstones, anybody without that sort of money and fame would (and should) be in jail. I've given up getting angry about it, that's just the way things are.

Remember, pink and Tim that there are a lot of "regular" guys out there who are getting away with beating their wives or girlfriends constantly. The women are afraid to press charges or the man apologizes and promises not to do it again, and on and on it goes....

I think that what he did was cowardly and reprehensible, but he will pay for it, perhaps not as harshly as he should, but at least he is paying. His career has suffered and rightly so.

The fact that regular Joes get away with it is sickening enough, the fact that a celebrity gets away with it is worse. There shouldn't be two sets of rules in place. If I kill two people, I'm on death row. OJ Simpson does it and is golfing a few months later. There's no justice in that.

I'm glad his career has gone down the toilet, but to me....that's not punishment enough.