Is it the end of M. Night??

PSYCHOcatholic

I think he peeked with "The Sixth Sense". "Signs" was OK. I didn't like it as much as everybody else I talked to did.

Did anybody see "Unbreakable"? I'm still trying to figure out my opinion on that one. I'm such a big Bruce Willis fan, so that's probably clouding my judgement.

The Village was a terrible movie.

The best part about the whole 'Village' thing was even though it made a ton of money the first weekend it went down so much after that after bad 'word of mouth' as soon as I left the theater I made sure to tell all my friends how awful it was (I gave 'em the big 'shock ending' over the phone too and all they said was 'That's it? That's really gay' :jester:)

Plus the fact that the ending has been done a billion times before.

What can I say about The Village ? That is 2 whole hours of my life that I can't ever, ever, ever get back! Not to mention the $17 for 2 tickets!! ::

I did understand what he was trying to do....but he didn't. I kept sitting there thinking, 'Okay NOW something good is going to happen....no wait...okay NOW...nope...okay THIS must be the climax....oh...nope'

It was a sorry excuse for a movie in general especially to the horror/thriller genre.

Opiate gives :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I see something severly dissapointing in AVP. Just what I think is going to happen. Not bad, just not as good everyone expected. Same thing with The Village. It could have been so much better. If some director in the future redoes this movie, it could be a huge hit. M. Night Shyamalin is like raw sugar. He needs another seasoned director to be the sugar refinery. To me, The Village was like a rough draft for the real movie which might exist some time in the future.

Well actually a dork(like me) would be able to tell you that there was also a whole comic book series about AvP (by Darkhorse :coolio:) Then there's also the computer games of course.......

Back to 'The Village'

Oh my God, I went to it again last night (some friends wanted to go...) what an awful movie, at least Shamalamadingdong's other movies got a little interesting after you've watched it once, and you know the big 'secret' (like with 6th sense after you know that Bruce Willis is really dead, you watch the movie again and it's totally different experience)

Well 2nd time at 'The Village' overall was more enjoyable than the first, 'cuz I went opening night last time, therefore the theater was packed, this time me and my friends were the only ones there, so naturally we made shadow puppets on the screen, picked Adrien Brody's nose a lot, etc etc, and also we imitated the scene from "Ace Ventura, when nature calls" (you know when Jim Carrey makes shadow puppets) we even tweeked Jaquion(however you spell it) Phoenix's nipples.

So I'll at least give 'The Village' this, it's fun to go to if you see it in an empty theater.

So I'll at least give 'The Village' this, it's fun to go to if you see it in an empty theater.

My husband and I went to see "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" with another couple, and there was no one else in the theater. I haven't had that much fun in a while. When they played "Tougher Than Leather" by Run-DMC, I stood up in the seat and started rapping like a lunatic. I would have done that in a crowded theater, but at least I didn't embarrass my husband. I usually do.

I can't wait until my daughter gets to be a teenager...I am going to embarrass her every chance I get. :neener:

Nice.....

There's nothing better than an empty theater, I remember one time (oh God I dunno if I wanna share this story, oh well I will)

I went to 'The Hulk' with a friend of mine on a wednesday afternoon, and holy crap! was that movie awful, so naturally (and since the theater was empty) we had to entertain ourselves, so like whenever the little guy who turned into the Hulk would do something we'd say something like 'HULK RIDE BIKE!' 'HULK OPEN DOOR' etc etc

So anyway about 1/2 way through the movie my friend looks over at me and sais 'I need to pee' and I say 'go ahead and go to the bathroom then' to which he replies 'but I don't wanna miss the movie!'

'Dude, the movie sucks, who cares'

'Well, I care I might miss an important plot point'

'whatever dude'

So then all of a sudden he stands up, goes to the back of the theater, and (I have horrible friends) urinates in his empty cup. Needless to say he comes back and I'm laughing hystarically (no matter how many times me and my friends perform an act of public urination, it's freakin' hillarious every time) and of course he sais

'Want a sip?'

So for the rest of the movie there's this cup of pee right in front of us giving a really awkward feeling for the day.

....The worse part about this story is, we left the cup in the theater :: :jester:(not on purpose or anything.........)

Not so...let's be realistic. Mr M night has his fingers in other pies not so scary e.g. Stuart Little and will continue to be involved in other productions not exclusively his own.

even though he is A-List let's allow him to write a few stinkers now and again...he cannot be brilliant all the time. :doh: EmmetsVille@aol.com

let's allow him to write a few stinkers now and again...he cannot be brilliant all the time. :doh:

Let's see, out of all the movies he has 'done' (written+directed)

Sixth Sense-Good Movie

Unbreakable-*Huuuuuuuurl!!!*

Signs-Might of been box office magic, but in reality it's one of the dumbest, most thoughtless movies ever made.

The Village-Dr. Kevorkian could have screened this to potential patients to make more business for himself.

Scott Im Not Being Funny Dude But Do You Know Anything About Film ? I Live With A Scripwriter Who Actually Rates His Work,And Did I Forget To Mention Dude Stuart Little 1 & 2 Which He Has Produced.Go Do Some Reading On Film And Then Get Back To Me Dude :thumbsdown: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Actually there's nothing I love better than fine cinema, which is definately not M. Night Shamalamadingalongadong.

I love surreal movies with important and symbolic plots that are presented brilliantly.

Night's work barely stands up to any mediocre horror movie.

EDIT-Are you implying that the Stuart Little movies are fine cinema?

The Sixth Sense was OK, barely, IMO. It wouldn't have been so bad had I not figured out the ending before it happened.

I gave up with his movies after Signs, the last movie I've seen in a theater. My days of theaters are over. Great movies flop while hideous movies like The Village rake in the big bucks. They won't rake in mine anymore.

It was about people trying to protect their loved ones from this self indulgent world.

Too bad it wasn't about people trying to protect their loved ones from paying to see anything by...

M. Night Shamalamadingalongadong

scott, I can't believe you liked The Village.

=:P