Songs that you shout responses to

The classic Australian example. Have a listen, if you don't mind profanity. :grin:

I suggest you listen to the first 30 seconds or so of this video to hear the crowd's response:

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again - The Angels (Live in 2008)

Then listen to this version of the song, which is much better, but you can't hear the crowd so well. Not sure what year this version was recorded, but the band was pretty much in their prime, and the sound quality is better:

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again - The Angels (From the "Wasted Sleepless Nights" DVD)

Note that The Angels were known as Angel City in the US, so they wouldn't be confused with the group who sang "My Boyfriend's Back". :P

Edited by Guest

The opening chords to the greatest ode to large ladies anywhere, "Whole Lotta Rosie", the crowd chanting Angus' name.

When I was in my mid-teens there was a fortnightly dance at the local village hall, where all the juvenile tribes would gather. The traditional response to the opening riff of "Rosie" (which was a regular staple at these events) mimicked the original; it became traditional (for many of us) to instead chant "W*****s!" (Well, it almost rhymes. ;) ). This was just a tease; the rockers would get their own back, by rolling bottles on the floor to trip us up whilst we danced to "Babylon's Burning " or somesuch. Or they would just push us around a bit, to increase the likelihood of a twisted ankle, bruised elbow, etc. It was just a good natured rivalry.

Me and a couple of mates once made the mistake of doing the "W*****s!" routine in a neighbouring town's disco, only to find ourselves soon assailed by a group of hairy bikers, helmets-in-hand, and with violence on their minds. We took a bit of a kicking that night. Some folks just have no sense of humour. :P

We had a lot of shouted responses to "American Pie." Mostly these were about midnight in a bar, so you can imagine the intelligence that went into these responses.

* We sang the "lost in space" part like on the old TV show of the same name.

* After the line "This'll be the day that I die," we responded "drinking with my dumb-@ss friends."

* After the lines" I met a girl who sang the blues/ And I asked her for some happy news/ But she just smiled and turned away," we would respond with "What a B!tch!"

Based on a recent visit to Fenway Park, I can assure you that Sweet Caroline gets a massive response. The crowd gives a good "Bomp Bomp Bomp" and "So Good, So Good, So Good" when needed.

The game I went to last week, the crowd kept the song going a good 30 seconds after the inning started.

Ich will ~ Rammstein

"Ich Will" is German for "I Want." In this song, Rammstein is imploring the audience to listen to the band, see them, understand them and trust them. The whole song he is "talking" to the fans and in the end he asks them if they can see them. A translation:

könnt ihr uns hören? - can you hear us?

könnt ihr uns sehen? - can you see us?

könnt ihr uns fühlen? - can you feel us?

wir verstehen euch nicht - we can't understand you. (thanks, Magnus - Nuremberg, Germany)

and to these questions the audience is supposed to answer:

Can you hear me?

(We hear you)

Can you see me?

(We see you)

Can you feel me?

(We feel you)

I don't understand you

The classic Australian example. Have a listen, if you don't mind profanity. :grin:

I suggest you listen to the first 30 seconds or so of this video to hear the crowd's response:

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again - The Angels (Live in 2008)

Then listen to this version of the song, which is much better, but you can't hear the crowd so well. Not sure what year this version was recorded, but the band was pretty much in their prime, and the sound quality is better:

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again - The Angels (From the "Wasted Sleepless Nights" DVD)

Note that The Angels were known as Angel City in the US, so they wouldn't be confused with the group who sang "My Boyfriend's Back". :P

When I saw this thread, I was thinking "I wonder if Chris has posted about The Angels yet" :D :D