Napoleon Dynamite

Batman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen the movie, but it looks right up my alley!

On a side note, Elvis Costello used the pseudonym Napoleon Dynamite in the song credits for his 1986 album "Blood and Chocolate." I have read that the people that made the movie had no idea about this and would have changed the name of the film if they had known.

My sister and I went and saw it last weekend. Our sides hurt from laughing so hard!!! I am pretty sure that we laughed more than anyone...just our sense of humor I suppose.

"Your stuffs in my locker so can you come and get it...I don't have anymore room for my numchucks" :laughing:

kid: What are you doing today Napoleon?

Napoleon: Whatever I feel like GOD!!!

Oh yeah, did you stay through the credits?? For the little wedding scene at the end???

What are the chances two people would come up with the same phrase/name? It's a bit unique, isn't it?

I read in a review that the writer or director (bad memory) said that the name was taken from "some real guy" he met in New York. The guy must have got it from EC...The guy being interviewed denies knowing anything about Costellos use of the name.

kid: What are you doing today Napoleon?

Napoleon: Whatever I feel like GOD!!!

Oh yeah, did you stay through the credits?? For the little wedding scene at the end???

It was actually "Gosh!" not "God!" My mormon friend said it was an inside joke, because everyone in Idaho is mormon and they don't really swear.

Also, I totally forgot about that wedding scene! But let me guess, it was Kip and Lafawnduh?

Video: Are you readdy to get down!

Napoleon: Yes...

I've seen previews for it and I've seen the cast on Leno and Conan and what not, and I really want to see it, being that it's brand of humor seems right up my alley, but unfortunately the theater's in my area really don't go for that kind of film (you know, smart intelligent humor)

Another movie I want to see, and seems along the same lines with the subtle humor and all, but I doubt my theaters will pick up is 'Garden State'

It was actually "Gosh!" not "God!" My mormon friend said it was an inside joke, because everyone in Idaho is mormon and they don't really swear.

Oh....thanks Batman. LOL! That makes it funnier actually.

And yes it WAS Kip and Lafawnduh...and Kip sings her a song that is hilarious!

And Napoleon rides up on a horse and says, "Sorry I'm late, I had to tame this wild Stud" LMAO!

but unfortunately the theater's in my area really don't go for that kind of film (you know, smart intelligent humor)

Well, I don't know about smart intelligent humor, my 9 year old brother went and saw it and he understood all the jokes. It is very good though. The jokes are funny, and its not the average movie which is an hour+1/2 of sex jokes and swearing. I have nothing against sex jokes and swearing except they aren't funny and don't improve the quality of the movie.

This is a good movie though.

I just found out about another inside joke from my mormon friend.

Everyone involved with the movie is mormon, and Idahoians are generally mormon. And he had a line after the girl told him to buy a string thing he says "Duh, I allready made infinity of those at scout camp!" and most mormons are in the boy scouts.

coincidence? or inside joke?

either way, with all these inside jokes, I'm wondering if putting each actors name on the food at the start had anything to do with anything. For instance they put one person's name on a hamburger. Is that actor a 'hamburger' type of guy? whatever that means?

"I noticed you're drinking 1% milk. Is that because you think you're fat?"

This movie is really funny. The dance scence reminded me of the time Carlton went on Soul Train on The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air.

Scott, I know you live in a 3 electoral vote red state, which means it won't make to a theater anytime soon, but you need to rent this movie as soon as you can.

The only problem with this movie is that it will inspire millions of people to do terrible, unfunny impressions of Napoleon Dynamite.

Uh, oh. Carl would be one of those. :laughing: But he is funny, at least I think so.

It was a fun movie. I'd be very curious to see what the actor who played Napolean looks/sounds like in real life.

I'd be very curious to see what the actor who played Napolean looks/sounds like in real life.

Sara, if you can believe it...he is actually really hot!! :laughing: I'm serious, I saw an interview with him (can't remember on who's show) but yeah....He is sexy.

I have to have Uncle Rico's orange van! I want to move out of my apartment and live in a van just like that one. And I must have Napoleon's boots. I think the fashionistas are missing a huge possible trend in Napoleon's weird T-shirts.

One of my favorite lines is when Pedro says (to get Summer to go to the dance) "I'll probably build her a cake or something."

Sarais right, Kip is really cute, but he is so much hotter with socks pulled up almost to his knees and slip on black tennis shoes!

I know I loved Uncle Rico. He reminded me so much of my dad. My dad still lives in 1974 instead of 1982 but you get the point. I can't believe no one mentioned Pedro. I thought Pedro was really the hidden star of the film. But the craze for this movie is getting to much. At my school all these people have begun wearing Vote 4 Pedro shirts and they even have full blown images of the characters and having them say quotes from the movie but changing it around to tell us to join the ping pong club. Like Napoleon's quote is "Girls like guys with skills, like football and ping pong."