The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten: Best Frontperson

Lucky

Ya know personally, Mick Jagger is not one of my most favorite rockers. But even I know a master when I see one.

He defiantly deserves to be in the #1 spot :D

Good write up Lucky :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you are saying , Shawna , and agree with you .Daltry is a bit tricky . I think that on stage ( or film ) , he takes the lead and plays frontman except for Townsend solos . However , he is modest and realistic enough ,offstage , to step aside and let Pete become the authoritative voice of The Who . Even the press seems to follow along with this formula .

David Lee Roth / Van Halen

Van Halen is one of the most successful rock & roll bands in hstory. And although he isn't the only artist to front the band, David Lee Roth is one of the major elements of that success. For two reasons, in my opinion. First, he has an amazing stage presence (although one that caused huge friction with bandleader Eddie Van Halen), and timing. The timing thing is probably most important. Van Halens' biggest successes can probably be tied directly to MTV, with Roth as the man out front. I think that the wide exposure and popularity of Van Halen via the music video is the biggest reason for the bands' popularity. Eddies guitar, and Roth's onstage persona & antics, bith highlighted on MTV made them one of the 80's most popular & commercial acts. Although both the band and Roth remained active and fairly successful after Roth's initial 1985 departure, neither has garnered the success of the early 1974-1985 ride, to the extent that for the long awaited 2007 reunion, it was Roth back in gear, singing and fronting the band.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah and I saw it advertises David Lee Roth for the article on the main page, that'll be sure to draw attention :P /sarcasm

They also got a new way of posting messages, it even allows you to use your Google I.D. to comment to a blog.

Edited by Guest