The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten: Best Frontperson

Lucky

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good that you remind me about that Kenne:

As usual, would the people who nominated the Top Ten "winners" please write a couple of lines about why these people are/were so good frontpersons?

And if you don't want to write something/ don't have the time for it - please tell us so that we can work out something else

Thank You :)

Yay!! My two made it (and I think my second one is the one that y'all don't like!) :D

Since the list mirrors my votes other than two, I'm incredibly pleased with it. I don't think it's terribly controversial at all, I think it's pretty straight forward. Then again the list is 8 of the same ones I would have picked anyway! ;)

As usual, would the people who nominated the Top Ten "winners" please write a couple of lines about why these people are/were so good frontpersons?

And if you don't want to write something/ don't have the time for it - please tell us so that we can work out something else

Thank You :)

I nominated John Lennon. I will try to write the couple of lines tomorrow, I promise.

(it' s not that hard... ;) )

These are my rough-drafts, I will come back later and add a few more lines and work on sentence structure.

2. Freddie Mercury was a universally recognized front-man who was known for his concert performances, stage presence, and tender vocals. He was considered a creative genius that many artists to come would look up to and were influenced by his persona. Freddie had a reputation for being a bad-boy with a soft-side and an appeal to the masses as a role model and idol for many. Mercury opened many doors in the music world and no other could live up to the unique legacy that he left behind.

4. Robert Plant created the persona of hard rock front men and redefined the technique behind the modern “rock star.†Known for his charisma on-stage and as a gifted lyricist, Plant emphasized the music during live shows by displaying a flamboyant gesture that set the mood for the audience. Though his appeal and antics were not original, as he stated Elvis and others to be an influence on his technique, Plant was widely known for his artistic integrity and will forever be immortalized as a pioneer of hard rock.

Now that's outta the way, any chance of seeing the remainder of the list? :D

sure :)

1. Mick Jagger 115

2. Freddie Mercury 110

3. Jim Morrison 85

4. Robert Plant 84

5. Roger Daltrey 65

6. Bruce Springsteen 62

7. Janis Joplin 39

8. John Lennon 35

9. David Lee Roth 33

10.Debbie Harry 32

Michael Jackson 31

Ian Anderson 28

Paul McCartney 27

Bono 27

Ray Davies 26

Jack White 25

Stevie Nicks 25

John Fogerty 24

David Gilmour 20

Steven Tyler 18

Robert Smith 16

Dave Grohl 13

Annie Lennox 12

Michael Stipe 12

Eric Burdon 11

Brett Anderson 10

Roger Clyne 10

Grace Slick 10

Chuck D 10

Chrissy Hynde 8

Greg Lake 8

Thom Yorke 6

Frank Zappa 6

Stevie Ray Vaughan 4

:)

John Lennon (Liverpool, 1940- New York City, 1980) was the co-founder, co-leader and co-songwriter for The Beatles. He gave a sexy and rebel touch to the band and wrote some of the most beautiful songs in pop/rock history. His voice was distinctive and he was an "avant-garde" artist in all he did. He worked as a solo artist for ten years before he was shot by a sick fan in 1980, becoming a legend.