The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten: Best Frontperson

Lucky

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Jimi Hendrix count for the Experience?

I might change one of my noms, if he does.

It all comes down to opinion MC. If you feel he's a great frontperson, nominate him. It will be the votes that decide. That's how I see it anyway. It's not like he was onstage by himself, right?

It all comes down to opinion MC. If you feel he's a great frontperson, nominate him. It will be the votes that decide. That's how I see it anyway. It's not like he was onstage by himself, right?

Springsteen was nominated for the E Street Band, so I don't see why not.

I don't think I should nominate Jimi Hendrix. Even though I believe he was one of the truly gifted musicians, I just can't find it in me to give respect to somebody who threw their life away to drugs. He's not the only person who falls under this category (or at the age of 27).

Edited by Guest
punctuation error

I don't think I should nominate Jimi Hendrix. Even though I believe he was one of the truly gifted musicians, I just can't find it in me to give respect to somebody who threw their life away to drugs. He's not the only person who falls under this category (or at the age of 27).

I agree wholeheartedly with the antidrug sentiment. But the point of this thread is their musical talent. If we excluded everyone who took illegal drugs or had a substance abuse problem, many if not most of the nominees thus far would have to be excluded.

I agree wholeheartedly with the antidrug sentiment. But the point of this thread is their musical talent. If we excluded everyone who took illegal drugs or had a substance abuse problem, many if not most of the nominees thus far would have to be excluded.

spoken like a true judge.