Worst voice ever

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard Cohen (This man has absolutely NO vocal ability. He talks or growls his way through his grossly overrated songs.)

Gord Downey of the Tragically Hip. His voice could send someone contemplating suicide completely over the edge.

Sting - Whiny, whiny, whiny!!!

The cretin from Motorhead, Lemmy or something!!!

No, I know what you mean. She didn't have a good voice as in technically good, or beautiful .... she had an expressive, emotional voice, made for rock & roll, or the blues.

In my mind a lot like Bob Dylan, or Leon Russell.

Alright, I'll agree about Geddy Lee's voice and Lemmy's too...but...What would Rush or Motorhead sound like without those voices,I mean, the rest of the band(s) are or is pretty good musically... and, Tiny Tim (omg) that's awful...never liked Sting but a good bass player...and that guy from Smashing Pumpkins voice is really sort of flat...

There are some good (bad) ones on here, especially Leonard Cohen. Love his songs. Hate his voice. I think I'll add Michael Jackson to the list. Highly over-rated and he just grates on me vocally. I think if he might stop with all the vocal gestures, it would be much more tolerable.

Belinda Carlisle, ICK!!! Warbler extraorinaire!!! Not that I listen to her...but when her solo stuff came out years ago, that's all that was played on "soft" stations.....(cringe)...

Bob Dylan, GREAT songwriter, HORRIBLE singer!!!

Lead singer from the band that did "Goin to the Country" (can't remember the band name, sorry! It's a 60's band and song ), sounds EXACTLY like Kermit the Frog!!!!:P

Lead singer from the band that did "Goin to the Country" (can't remember the band name, sorry! It's a 60's band and song ), sounds EXACTLY like Kermit the Frog!!!!:P

"Going up the Country" is by Canned Heat, but this particular song wasn't sung by their lead singer Bob Hite, but by guitarist Alan Wilson (who's a member of the 27 club btw)

I can see the similarities to Kermit though ;) :D

Canned Heat? :P

:D I've never heard Al Wilson likened to Kermit the Frog. :D

Just kidding. I don't think we've met, so welcome to SongFacts! ;)

Edit: :laughing: I should pay more attention huh?

Edited by Guest
began posting before Martin, and finished after. :)