Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Mike

Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

17 minutes ago

BANGKOK (AP) — Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He says Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

'One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble

Not much between despair and ecstasy

One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble

Can't be too careful with your company

I can feel the devil walking next to me'

-Murray Head " One Night in Bangkok "

wow... he' s a legend.

Why would people do such a thing? :P

Well , that's stretching it a bit , edna . He was , at best , a cult favorite , but , by no means an actor of universal regard . I have no idea what went on still , other than he was naked and hung in the closet ... a housekeeping problem , perhaps, lost in translation ?!

Now , Paul Newman ...isn't dead ! No ! I refuse to believe it still .

Seriously , America ; stay home . It's safer ; you're better off , they are better off ... it all goes to sh*t when you leave your neighbourhood ... :laughing: :shades: :cool:

Police: Carradine's Death Maybe Accidental

'Kung Fu' Star, 72, Found Hanged in Closet at Bangkok Hotel

PopEater

posted: 1 HOUR 1 MINUTE AGO

Police in Bangkok told reporters on Friday that David Carradine's body was found in his hotel room closet with a rope tied to his neck and genitals, and that his death may have been caused by accidental suffocation, not suicide as previously reported.

Carradine, 72, was discovered "naked, hanging in a closet" in his luxury suite at Bangkok's Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel on Thursday, police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha told reporters.

"The two ropes were tied together," he said. "It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure."

In addition, TMZ is reporting that Carradine's hands were tied behind his back, according to his manager.

Skip over this content Officials said there was no indication that other people were in the room with Carradine.

An autopsy on Carradine was completed on Friday, but results would not be ready for at least three weeks because the cause of death was unclear.

Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a new movie titled 'Stretch.' The Nation newspaper originally reported that Carradine's death may have been suicide.

But one of Carradine's managers dismissed the theory.

"All we can say is, we know David would never have committed suicide," said Tiffany Smith of Binder & Associates, his management company. "We're just waiting for them to finish the investigation and find out what really happened. He really appreciated everything life has to give ... and that's not something David would ever do to himself."

Another rep for Carradine told TMZ that his camp "can confirm 100% that he never would have committed suicide. It was an accidental death. Everybody is in shock."

The Nation report claimed that a preliminary police investigation found that Carradine hanged himself with a curtain cord, and that he was dead for at least 12 hours when he was found. The report also states that there were no signs of assault or foul play.

Carradine's manager, Chuck Binder, is calling the news "shocking." He said that Carradine "was full of life, always wanting to work," and that he was "a great person."

Carradine's career is a vast one, with over 200 movies and TV shows to his credit, including the hit '70s show 'Kung Fu' and years later, more than 80 episodes of 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.' His breakout film role came in 1976, when he played Woody Guthrie in the biopic 'Bound for Glory.'

Younger fans will likely know him as title character 'Bill' in Tarantino's 2003-04 'Kill Bill' movies, where he played the leader of a group of assassins and was eventually killed by one of his own disciples.

In a 2004 interview with the Associated Press, he praised Tarantino for taking a chance by casting him in the films.

"There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," he said. "All that was ever required was somebody with Quentin's courage to take and put me in the spotlight."

Carradine also dabbled in production and directing, and had roles in many television commercials. He also had a passion for Oriental herbs, exercise and philosophy, and starred in numerous instructional videos on tai chi and other martial arts. His memoir, released in 1993, was called 'Spirit of Shaolin.'

The Carradine name has had a long history in Hollywood. David's father John Carradine and his brother Keith have also had show business success.

Keith Carradine's daughter, actress Martha Plimpton, released a statement on behalf of her family, saying, "My Uncle David was a brilliantly talented, fiercely intelligent and generous man. He was the nexus of our family in so many ways, and drew us together over the years and kept us connected. I adored him as a child, and as an adult I admired and respected him."

She continued, "We will all miss him terribly, and are so grateful for everyone's condolences. The passing of someone so loved is extremely difficult under any circumstances."

Hmmmmm, well.... he was "choking" when he died.. maybe? kinda of embarrassing for the family.

I dunno 'bout being a legend. But he was very unique, soft spoken.

He was great in Death Race 2000!

Legend ? He was a 'stars' butt -wipe . No dignity in death , it seems , he missed the mark .

... "There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," ..

I would venture he overstated his credentials with that sweeping statement.

And conversely, let's hope there were some things Carradine was doing that "those old guys" are not ....

David Carradine's family fear he was murdered to silence his investigation into deadly underground martial arts organisations.

The actor was found hanging in a hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand on Thursday, at the age of 72.

His family is waiting for the official cause of death - but they refuse to acknowledge he may have committed suicide or died taking part in a dangerous sex game.

Instead they want America's Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) to probe the possibility he was killed by assassins.

During an appearance on Larry King's talk show on Friday lawyer Mark Geragos revealed Carradine was investigating secret kung fu societies, whose members had the motive and means to kill him.

When the topic was raised by a panelist on the show, Geragos responded, "Absolutely. What that means is connected to martial arts and his interest in martial arts. So there is a suspicion of foul play. That may be the first area where they should look."

But his ex-wife Marina Anderson disputes the suggestion, telling the New York Post, "If he was involved in secret societies, it was a secret that even I didn't know about."

Holy crap!

This same crap went on when Bruce Lee died ; he'd crossed a taboo in Kung Fu and was murdered . :stars:

I think you should go back to my earlier post about lyrics on Bangkok . There is just a flood of people going there to lose their minds , as you may well know .