Top Tens by Decade - The 1960s

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will most likely vote for my favorite by each band. There are so many great nominations I think when the final votes are in it is going to be a great list.

So far out of 35 songs nominated, two are Beatles and three are Stones. I think they are being under-represented so far.

I agree. But super groups will alway be under-represented in situations like this.

The high point is, all of us here know how great they were as does the rest of the world, so as long as they make the list it works for me. But I could say the same for a whole lot of other groups liike Pink Floyd. The 70's are going to be as hard or harder then the sixties when we geet there :crazy:

Edited by Guest

Ah, but he chose what is probably the #1 one hit wonder of all time. I love Zep, I love Heartbreaker, but if we're talking best of the 60's ... that was probably a great calculated move. :thumbsup: I'm considering something similar as well.

Homeward Bound ~ Simon & Garfunkel ('66) sounds like the original version to me

Sympathy For The Devil ~ The Stones ('68) This live clip has Brian in it & sounds pretty fair ... there's just not much available on youtube anymore.

:P

With 3 Stones songs nominated I'm changing mine. I can just as easily vote for one of the others, and honestly for the decade of the '60's I think this one was a bigger (better?) song. Maybe not as timeless, but we're talking '60's here.

Wipe Out~ The Surfaris (1962) and (1966)

My entire entire grammar/junior high school life was punctuated by these drums, and every cool guy in school. ;)

But Lucky that was the Stones song I would have voted for and quite highly to. I like the Stones but they aren't what I would call in my top 5 even.

Sympathy For The Devil is one of my all time favs of their tho.

But on the other hand, maybe I'm lucky you did change it. Talk about a hard list of songs to pick from :o :rockon: