People You Miss

Risky

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that he has mentioned he's about to deploy to Iraq. Sorry I forgot just how irrascible you can be.

Jeez, what have I done now?

Fwiw, I wasn't being "irascible"; I was being silly. And it back-fired. Heimann47 may well have previously mentioned deployment in Iraq. However, not being a meticulous scrutineer of everyone who posts on these boards, I must have missed that detail. Had I known, I would have avoided the daft remark. Thankfully, he seems cool about my faux pas, which saves me from feeling too bad about it. Or so I thought.

From now on I will just ignore you, and you do the same with me please.
:confused: :(

Oh great, what have I started?

For the record, I'm not going to Iraq, there's no more Marines there. Our timeshare in that area of the sandbox has expired. We've switched our focus to Afghanistan.

And I'm not going to Afghanistan either.

I am going on a deployment, just not a combat deployment. It's a Sea Service Deployment, which basically means that I get on one of the Navy's oh-so-spacious sea faring vessels, and we sail to different parts of the world for a combination of field exercises, shows of force, and the time-old gesture of shaking hands and kissing babies.

Even though I won't be in combat (unfortunately) I'll still be thousands of miles from my fiancee, with rare occasions to talk to her. That was my reasoning for the post that I had made, not to start a dispute between Songfactors.

Hopefully this entire event was just a simple understanding, for it wasn't my intention at all for the two of you to get into an argument.

Oh great, what have I started?.

You haven't started anything, mate. I made an ill-judged remark; a bit cheeky, perhaps, but ignorant of your circumstances. I wasn't being evil. I had thought maybe you and/or your girlfriend were students or something. In the UK, that's a far more common reason than military service for 19 year old love-birds to be separated for a year or so. Didn't occur to me you might be on a Tour of Duty.

Hopefully this entire event was just a simple understanding, for it wasn't my intention at all for the two of you to get into an argument
Nor mine. Apologies for my oafishness. :rolleyes:

Nope, sorry. But speaking of which, my old pair are broken (they've actually got several holes in them), and for some reason I thought they'd be cheaper here in Germany... didn't happen :/

Wrong, you'd have to go to China

PS: why did you think such a thing? WAIT, did I already gloat about my tweed connies that were on sale AND had a 20% discount when I got them? because they were and they did and I got them :)